|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Have a safe and enjoyable trip Mike and Jim. Looking forward to seeing the cars at a show.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
![]() Be Safe You Two
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nice!
If the cat had a mustache, it'd be a dead ringer for Jim.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
made it back in one piece but it has been a long day.
John made some great improvements to the car and my job getting it finished will be easier because of the issues he took care of. I stopped by my painters shop on the way and he is going to wet sand and buff the car to start with to see how nice the paint will look. Lots of little stuff to detail but all in all I am very happy to have it back here in Ohio. Thanks John for giving me the opportunity to reclaim it. I will be cleaning the road grime off and posting up some pictures tomorrow. Time to pass out in the bed now.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks for the kind words Jim. I didn't think I would have to sell it anytime soon but regardless, I am happy it went back to you. Special thanks again to Mustangpro for all the help with the car. Looking forward to progress pics on all your cars now!
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Jim - I'm glad you had a safe trip...looking forward to learning more about this FHP.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
this car was saved from the crusher by Tom Tate in Florida. He sold the car to Mike Riley who started the restoration. I bought the car, had second thoughts about it and sold it to John. He called me back last winter and asked if I wanted it back. So now it is back to stay.
It was in a grinder of a crash and needed a lot of work in the front. Original drivetrain was long gone when I got the car the first time. This car was a huge project but has a clear title and is the only 83 FHP car that I know to exist. I imagine there are others that will surface eventually. The car has a very nice interior in it. The only issue I have with the car is the paint. The car was media blasted but the painter obviously wasn't very meticulous when it came to blocking and finding all the imperfections. I am going to try and salvage the paint if at all possible. My painter looked at it yesterday and says he can make it look 100% better than it does now. If not I will be respraying the car. I have all the correct equipment, wheels and tires, and decals for the car. I have to get a few engine parts, exhaust etc to put it back together. Just about every piece of outside trim will need to be refurbed or replaced. But for now everything hinges on how well the paint turns out. The lighthouse on top of the car is definately unique. Here is a pic and the rest are on the Fotki link below in the 1983 FHP file.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
interior shot. The brown hi back seats are another unique item about this car.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
This one is the spitting image. ![]()
__________________
Bernie 1993 FHP 813 1986 UHP SSP slicktop. 1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD ![]() ![]() Even grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01 Mustang Club of America member. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nice!!!!!
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|