|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Are they going to powder coat or paint them?? I am curious will they be gloss blck or like a satin finish. I just had the rear main and trans done on mine and I am slowly working towards the outside of the car... Seats and headliner are next....
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
They are going to be painted, semi-gloss black. To powder coat them was going to be too much, $100/wheel.
__________________
Toshi '93 SSP '90 LX 'vert - Sold '87 LX hatch (parted out) '88 LX 'vert (should have never) '83 GL hatch (college car, long gone) |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Brought the freshly painted wheels home this morning. They look great! Four of these wheels weren't in the greatest shape, due to them running in countless Michigan winters I guess. The black paint seems to cover up the flaws.
__________________
Toshi '93 SSP '90 LX 'vert - Sold '87 LX hatch (parted out) '88 LX 'vert (should have never) '83 GL hatch (college car, long gone) |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Look great Toshi
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
They turned out great!!! I can't wait till I get mine done. I have been getting the mechanical stuff done first. Had the rear main done, trans serviced with a new valve body (what a difference) its like WOW! also had the exhaust re-done with stock type mufflers and a new Walker "H" pipe... Quiet and quick! But those rims look fantastic.. I have to get mine done. Thanks for the picture.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I've been following along with your progress. Looking good. Mechanically, mine needed a new rear end, which I had rebuilt at the end of last summer. When the mechanic pulled it apart, the fluid was burnt and the gears had cracks forming. And, some how, my T-5 trans. lost two of the four bolts on the bell housing! My exhaust needs to be addressed. Just the cat back. The tailpipes are these stupid looking 3" tips that had been welded on from the last owner.
__________________
Toshi '93 SSP '90 LX 'vert - Sold '87 LX hatch (parted out) '88 LX 'vert (should have never) '83 GL hatch (college car, long gone) |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Wow... Mine only needed a new valve body and the engine needed a rear main seal... It drives like new now. Of course I have to address about 75 other things and then get the body stripped and painted... I will get the rims done soon.I think the black car with the black rims look sharp... But hey isn't that part of the fun???
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Finally got my tires! Mounted the wheels on the car as soon as I got home. It's been a long time since the car had sat on rubber. For the past four months its been on jack stands. The black wheels sure give it a new personality. Kind of mean looking. The only thing now is that the center caps don't look as nice as the wheels. They've got overspray from the last owner and two have a couple of dents, one courtsey of my 4 year old daughter who thought it sounded cool when banged on with a regular screw driver. Ahh! But that was when she was 2 years old.
__________________
Toshi '93 SSP '90 LX 'vert - Sold '87 LX hatch (parted out) '88 LX 'vert (should have never) '83 GL hatch (college car, long gone) |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|