|
|||||||
| 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
MOstang ,
The in service pic on the photobucket was given to me by the previous owner , i don't think it's my car .? just because it has the newer CSP lic plate ???? ssp91ssp |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Jim , here are some pics of the Roll Bar ..
![]() ![]() ![]() ssp91ssp |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ssp91ssp |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Take a look at the mounting holes on driver's door of my CSP ...
It's got 5 mounting holes for something ??? I have seen pics of older ssp's that had a shotgun mounted there ??? my paper work states this car had a shotgun mounted . any ideas ???? the length of the holes is too long for a club i think ?? it measures 28" from the 1st to last hole . Mr Drama , is your driver panel on the CSP the same way ? any ideas ? ![]() ![]() ssp91ssp |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hector,
My car did not have the original door panels in it when I bought it. I have the correct interior to go back in it but nothing original so I have no idea what was mounted there.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hector - I'm certainly not an expert on the CSP cars, but was thinking same as you were...shotgun rack. The MSHP in some instances had brackets they customized and installed in that general location within the SSP's. Hopefully someone else will be able to provide some solid info.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Eric 1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294 www.fotki.com/mustangretriever |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
The mounting holes on your door were for an in-house-fabbed shotgun shell holder. I know it sounds weird, but CSP screwed them into the door (webbed material with elastic for the shells). I have an email somewhere from the trooper that drove my '83 describing it, but I have no idea how long they were or how many shells they held. My '83, which is still original down to the paint, has the same holes in the door panel. You should have several holes on the top of the rear driveshaft hump. This is where the shotgun rack was mounted. The shotguns were Remington 870s with folding stocks, and they were stored with the stocks folded up. The Trooper that drove my car described that as well, and I'm sure his memory was correct; he killed a suspect while driving my car with his shotgun.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Mike , Wow ! thanks for that info .. I will raise my CSP at lunch time and check the trans tunnel for extra mounting holes . ssp91ssp |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|