|
|||||||
| 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
AJ - I'm not aware of what car you're looking at, but it sounds like you made a good well thought out decision.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have been doing alot of research over the past 3 weeks... With all of your help. And this guy thinks he has a gold mine with his car.... The problem isn't just cosmetic there were certain things I could fix myself that he should have before tyring to sell it.. But when it idles for 15 minutes and I saw the oil dripping onto the ground that was enough.. Now I can fix it and would hvae but this guy figyred that since he dropped from his aking price to $7500 that it was all he needed to do... I told the salesman that he needed to do better. It has a Maaco paint job that is already having issues and its an automatic and not that it really bothered me but his price was just too high... He should have started at about $7500 and came down to $6200-$6500... That is about the range that car is in and that is pushing it.... Here is the car:http://www.stradacars.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=2479519
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sounds like you made the right call. The dealer will figure it out sooner or later.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Actually its the owner of the car... The dealer is selling it on consignment. The dealer already fiured it out since it has been sitting there for a month and I am the only one to show up and make a viable offer on it... No one and I mean no one has made an offer due to what the owner is looking for.. He told the salesman that I am dealing with that he could put it online and sell it for $8000 to $8500 with no problem. The saleman told him that he has a cash offer on the table for $7000 and he should take it and run since people are coming only to kick the tires and not showing cash. I feel bad for this sales guy he knows the guy is being greedy but he won't back down. I think he has too much in it or someone told him it i worth more then it really is... H thinks he has the golden nugget but when in fact it is fools gold. I really like the car but I couldn't look past the leak since I was willing to go a little higher to get her... I figured he would have at least fixed her and then I would buy her....
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
You'll find another one you really like as well and pretty soon this one will be a distant memory.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Al,
good choice. The dealer is trying to hit his lick and the owner is obviously trying to flip the car for a buck also. Just another reason not to buy from the guy that sells cars on a regular basis. I put a number somehwere from 5500 to 6000 on the car also. The MAGM squad didn't win this time and that is a good thing. congrats to you for having the patience to see the car for what it really is.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
This is true but disappointing... I thought I would be driving it home.... But only time will tell. I just saw a white one on Ebay that was a Utah State Police car with only 20,000 miles?? Unmarked with all of its garb in it... I think the guy buys and sells them by the sound of it... Ha too was a bit high. But I watched it and no one bid or offered anything for it... My search goes on... :-(
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|