|
|||||||
| 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
That truly is a dream.... I would call it home for my self... And the cars.... I like It!!! My girl would not see me for weeks.... Only for you know visits. And she would still have to pry me off the cars. That is fantastic.... Thats all I can say.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
By the way the I did no pick the car up today... She is having a rear main seal leak issue... I told the seller either the price drops or the seal has to be repaired... If you want a premium price you have to have a premium product... By the way I want to thank you all for the help that you guys have given me... Both the positive and the negative opinions... Both have helped.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about the rear main too much....they all do that. It's a PITA job to fix it, though. As for the opinions...glad we helped....that's what we're here for.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I know its not that big of a deal... I have dealt with it on some of my other 5.0 powered cars.... But I was annoyed so that is why I pushed it... I don't really mind some seapage but this puppy was leaking...
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Oil leaks, even small ones, drive me crazy.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I took my '84 LTD LX's engine apart twice because of the rear main..... You are right about that... But this one after 15 minutes of idling was dripping pretty good and that drives me crazy. I told them they could have at least cleaned up the bottom of the engine a little.... We will see what happens today. They are having it checked out. Then they have to discuss it with the owner of the car.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well we didn't buy it... The oil pan and rear main are leaking and the seller will not repair it or come down... I feel the $7500 is too high considering what I would have to do to it. Door arm rests, center console, ash tray repairs, carpet, rear main, oil pan, lets not even start about the paint already peeling on the mouldings....I was willing to eat most of it but when I saw the oil dripping out and guys it wasn't seeping I drew the line. I have been watching and asking alot of people and everyone says its too much... His contention is "as is" He stated that he dropped the price from $8900 to $7500 and that was enough but what he doesn't understand is that $7500 was were he should have started ande then worked out a price.. My thoughts are I can buy a fully restored car for $9000 that only needs gas and a set of tags...
Now the search goes on for another acceptable car... |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|