Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2009, 08:03 PM
NoDrama43's Avatar
NoDrama43 NoDrama43 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoys63 View Post
I am looking at a black 1991 SSP that was never marked. As I have been told it was owned by a government agency. It is an automatic and has 74000 miles on it. The ca is loaded with all of the options that you could get. It has the premium interior, am/fm/cassette, no pillar light, oil cooler, seat supports, full size spare/with cover. It does have the buck tags but I could not see the I.D. numbers. It has an "X" pipe with an aftermarket exhaust (which I am not to happy with) but that can be changed. He wanted $8900 and I got him down to $7500... Is that too much? The car has no rust but it has been re-painted, (Maaco job) so there are some holdays with that... All the panels are original... I am just curious what the average price is for a car like this... Thanks, Al
Evil is right on about jpargo's car. It is beautiful. I owned it for short time and can attest to the quality of the car. It is basically a turn key car ready for the show circuit. Not wanting to hijak the thread but for the money you would be ahead to at least talk to jon about the car.
__________________
Jim


for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 PM
ssp91ssp's Avatar
ssp91ssp ssp91ssp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 751
Thumbs up

Al,
welcome to the site !
I agree with these guys on John's car it's killer ...
As far as the one your looking at i also agree ! If you like it go for it ...it looks good in the pics ..maybe just replace the carpet as it looks stained a bit ..
good luck .

ssp91ssp
hector
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 PM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

The person tha you are talking about that has his car for sale... Where is he and who is he? What year ishis car? I am open to suggestions... I looked at the carpets and they could be cleaned up they are in decent shape like you said just stained. Thanks..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
stadair's Avatar
stadair stadair is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 667
Default

The car looks real nice in the photos. I just have one minor comment...I don't think that those seats came with that car from the factory. They are GT seats as far as I know. I know my '90 LX convertible had them stock, but coupes?
__________________
Toshi

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
FlyinTiger's Avatar
FlyinTiger FlyinTiger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadair View Post
The car looks real nice in the photos. I just have one minor comment...I don't think that those seats came with that car from the factory. They are GT seats as far as I know. I know my '90 LX convertible had them stock, but coupes?
The GT/LX 5.0 seats came in quite a few government ordered cars. They were optioned out a little better than the standard SSP.
__________________
Unit A-41
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
stadair's Avatar
stadair stadair is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinTiger View Post
The GT/LX 5.0 seats came in quite a few government ordered cars. They were optioned out a little better than the standard SSP.
I wish I had those seats in my SSP. The seats I have are SOOO uncomfortable! I don't know how an officer could sit in those all day long.
__________________
Toshi

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinTiger View Post
The GT/LX 5.0 seats came in quite a few government ordered cars. They were optioned out a little better than the standard SSP.
I've seen some (in person, in-service) in '91 cars. None prior to that. I don't think it had anything to do with how they were optioned....but it'd be interesting to see a window sticker for one.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:40 PM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

What about it not having the single key? It uses the standard 2 key system. I would like to change it over t the single key and also put the black power coated wheels on it... Like I said other then the paint and the obnoxious exhaust it is really tight. I also own a 1984 LTD LX with the old 5.0 V-8 since 1990. I love the Fox cars. This SSP has never had anything mounted inside. It is, with the exception of the carpet being a bit stained and the paint not being top quality, in good shape.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 PM
FlyinTiger's Avatar
FlyinTiger FlyinTiger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 337
Default

Single key was an option.
__________________
Unit A-41
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Personally, I'd spend the extra $1500 and buy the Santa Clara car. It is pristine.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.