Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 PM
FHP 1019's Avatar
FHP 1019 FHP 1019 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boynton Beach, FL.
Posts: 30
Default White, silver or tan

Hey, Bill Jr.

All good guesses - it's like a dove? gray. The entire car was on it's way to being dove gray. A "colour that didn't attract attention" was how my friend characterized it. As if excessive MPH were somehow overlooked by an inane choice of paint colour. The whole shell was already painted and all other parts were stripped off, sealed with epoxy primer and gathering dust for 8 years when I bought it from him. A natural crossroads. I carried the parts to work with me one by one and painted them all black then broke a line down the side of the body and shot the rear quarters right where the pictures were taken. Kinda Marine Patrol in an unintentional way. Just meant to give a tip of the hat to the car's FHP pedigree w/o using cream which I was told to avoid lest I meet the original owners with some frequency. Thanks for having a look and for the kind comments.

PHIL
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2009, 06:51 PM
FHP 1019's Avatar
FHP 1019 FHP 1019 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boynton Beach, FL.
Posts: 30
Default

Thanks, Bernie!

I got it in, I think February of this year. Really cool cars. I get now, some twenty years later what all the fuss was about. It's all the more gratifying to have one of these now when so many have been incompetently driven into immoveable objects or hacked up to go drag racing. Mine is not without molestation as the buck tags were inexplicably cut OFF! (screeching tires, woman screams, glass breaking). Some people just care nothing for the fact that these were service vehicles whereas I think it's one of the coolest aspects of them.

Thanks again -

PHIL
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 PM
FHP 1019's Avatar
FHP 1019 FHP 1019 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boynton Beach, FL.
Posts: 30
Default Bill Jr.

I tried too include these to illustrate my words. I think they were too large and the system revolted -

Check 'em out. Hmm won't permit two at a time.. will do one and then the next.

PHIL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Out of the hole.JPG (77.4 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-25-2009, 07:04 PM
FHP 1019's Avatar
FHP 1019 FHP 1019 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boynton Beach, FL.
Posts: 30
Default Segundo

How much difference a little black makes,,,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0464.JPG (94.2 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.