|
|||||||
| 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think if you're going to go through the trouble of cloning a ssp. Buy one of the more widely used agencies like FHP or CHP. Then go from there, with whatever you please. There are plenty of them to go around. Except for the 4-eyes, don't touch those.
While the topic has gone off from what the OP asked. A FL Marine car would be cool or a Fire one. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
knowing what I know now I would have left it a NC, I dont have alot of money into this car (less than 2K) the paint job was a barter deal. I dont plan on reselling the car as I have had 1357 since 97' and I bought her from an FHP auction for 4700.00, I put steelies on her in 97 when they were $50 NIB and guys used to scrap them.
I got no cooperation from NCHP but, I was able to aquire Vitachrome CHP decals in a one time, dont ever ask me again deal, I will keep trying to collect NCHP stuff as it comes around if Im lucky, lately Ive have luck finding HTF CHP epuipment instead, my painter works for an aircraft retrofitter and works for my brother on the side so, paint is not an issue. I appreciate and respect all your comments. Im glad we can all have a good discusion among friends who love our ssp's. On the issue of "rare" a frind of mine bought a rolling chassis for a drag car project for a couple hundred buck, I went to look at it and it is a former (Florida)Seminole County Sheriffs Office Patrol car, other than a pic of a SCSO Caprice Marco sent me we dont have a pic of an in-service SCSO SSP, if anyone can help. He intends to repaint it SCSO green and white, there is some evidence of the old sceme
__________________
John Costa 1993 EX-FHP #1357 1991 NCHP #91-1212 2005 GT UNMARKED www.photobucket.com/johnsrides |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I picked up some mouldings and weather strip and nick nacks from the great guys at FMR, they hooked me up with 10% off too, I got the FS Signal masters today, they're just sitting there for the pic, not mounted or wired, I need to paint the door frames flat black a,d Im working on getting the trunk decals, does anyone know the correct color for the vinyl??
DSC_0044a.JPG DSC_0043a.JPG
__________________
John Costa 1993 EX-FHP #1357 1991 NCHP #91-1212 2005 GT UNMARKED www.photobucket.com/johnsrides |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
That looks good.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Looks great!
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|