|
|||||||
| Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Guess I'll be the first to say it...... this is a purist SSP site not a "hot rod" forum. Let's keep it that way please.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I see both sides....OP isn't here causing any problems, just asking for advice on the car he is modding. Personally, I'd take issue with it if it were an SSP that he was modding, but he isn't.
I have a bigger problem with clones and "tribute" cars myself, but I also see Joe H.'s point. This place was established on the premise of a "purist" site, but moreso for the preservation and restoration of the cars. This, unfortunately, occurs in different degrees. I think I've come to the point that as long as a car is being saved, I'm AOK with it. Plus, we don't have any wanna-be types on here talking about fake pursuits, decked out Crown Vics (or other package vehicles), or playing with their lights and sirens and LEDs. I think it's all good.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
1985 CHP 8302 - 1992 CHP 9067 - 1986 FHP 0293 - 1986 LX 5.0 - 1993 Rome PD UNMRKD (Floyd Co., GA) - 1993 LX 5.0 - 2003 Mach1 http://s31.photobucket.com/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1#/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1&_suid=13957121463060810331252691418 8 |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
there are lots of sites out there like corral, 4eyedpride, ssporg. etc where you can engage in the hot rodding stuff. This site is mainly for those of us that live and breath ssp cars..... your welcome to be a member and hang out, maybe we can get you to find an ssp to tinker with. Bill I am concerned about your paint ethics...... ![]() PS...yes my avatar is a one off 09 gt500 with the special police pursuit interceptor graphics package.... sshhh its a secret....
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
You know me - always causing trouble!
I'm surprised that y'all still talk to me for running 10-holes on a 4-eye! I'd still like to find a way to run the steel wheels with the larger front brakes that are on my SSP.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
1985 CHP 8302 - 1992 CHP 9067 - 1986 FHP 0293 - 1986 LX 5.0 - 1993 Rome PD UNMRKD (Floyd Co., GA) - 1993 LX 5.0 - 2003 Mach1 http://s31.photobucket.com/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1#/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1&_suid=13957121463060810331252691418 8 |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
My car was a SPECIAL ORDER CHP with a 408 engine. I think that that there is only one of these cars they ordered. lol lol ......... All kiding aside the fact that a person does not have a bone stock car, should not mean that they should not be treated less than on any website. My car has 100% correct CHP equipment. My engine is a 1969 351 stroker with a Eagle crank so it now is a 408. I feel as though as long as you dont mutealate the car it should be acceptable to do mods on your car as long as your intent is to preserve the car. My car will never be for sale period. If some members feel as though I am off base with my views I think that all of the members that feel that no mods are acceptable the those members should look into starting a new ssp mustang site with the only way you will be accepted is if your car is only in stock ssp form.Then we will not have any of these issues............
Rich
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office. 1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office. California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures. http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/ |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
OH Brother!!?
This IS the new site.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|