Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 PM
CHP8336's Avatar
CHP8336 CHP8336 is offline
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rohnert Park Ca
Posts: 360
Default

I find it ironic that all three 1985 CHP unit numbers 8302,8336,8395 are all getting restored at the same time. Bill your car looks great! My car is still getting estimates for paint. I did not think that getting your car painted in Ca you had to refinance your home to pay for it. If I can not find a paint job for a fair price I will show the car this year in its black paint job.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2009, 01:05 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default 6/25/2009 Update

I stopped by Diver Chevrolet today (no, not to pick up a new Camaro!). I had them clean and detail the replacement seats.




They are still a bit wet. I know they aren't the original pattern for my 85, but they are a lot closer to original than what is in the car now. These look better too, despite some color fading and a small tare on the driver's seat. I'll keep an eye out for better, original seats. If I have to, I may get these recovered.

I will find out later today whether or not the car will ready tomorrow. If not, then it may not be done until Monday or Tuesday.
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Here's what the driver's side bumper absorber looked like yesterday -




And here it is this afternoon -




The new NOS headlight header panel arrived today, so the bumper will be going on tomorrow. The hood needs to be buffed out, and some trim needs to be installed. But the car MAY be ready to come home tomorrow evening.
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.