Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:43 AM
House House is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 46
Default

lol
Maybe I should put this thing in the classifieds!

PM Sent.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:21 AM
House House is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 46
Default

One thing I thought was funny is the Bucktag doesn't say CHP or
California Highway Patrol, it says "CHIPS". Is that odd or normal?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 AM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
One thing I thought was funny is the Bucktag doesn't say CHP or
California Highway Patrol, it says "CHIPS". Is that odd or normal?
Normal. The tag on my '88 is noted that way too. FYI-your car went into service on 2/14/90 at the Coalinga office.

Please send me the price PM too.
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 AM
House House is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 46
Default

Sweet!
How did you find that out?
Is there somewhere I can go to get more info?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Sweet!
How did you find that out?
Is there somewhere I can go to get more info?
Thanks
Our very own Jim Y. (Nodrama) got a bunch of paperwork CHP was tossing out a few years back.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
House House is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 46
Default

Neat~!
Hmm, I know where Coalinga is, where is considered the Coastal Region?
I wonder which one is correct?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 AM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Our very own Jim Y. (Nodrama) got a bunch of paperwork CHP was tossing out a few years back.
That's where I think my info came from but through what was put up on the VIN registry at the other site early on when office assignment was still shown. From that source E435238 (last 5 VIN# = 211303) clearly shows Coalinga. There appear to be some obvious input mistakes on that list however so it would be nice to see it put up online again in a cleaner form for the record.
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2009, 04:17 AM
Leo Leo is offline
87CHP2981
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond California
Posts: 4
Default

Wow a new paint job, clean the engine bay, and fix the fuel problem and dam you got a clean SSP, cleaner than mine. Even the ash tray works I bet the heater core is still good. You can get a pretty penny for that and with the money you can get a built 347 and really make that bronco run. Look on CL to get an idea on what a CHP goes for if there's none in your area for reference then look in SF Bay Area CL. I hope you keep it and bring it back and become a regular on the site. Good luck on you decision.
__________________
87CHP2981
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-02-2009, 07:35 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
That's where I think my info came from but through what was put up on the VIN registry at the other site early on when office assignment was still shown. From that source E435238 (last 5 VIN# = 211303) clearly shows Coalinga. There appear to be some obvious input mistakes on that list however so it would be nice to see it put up online again in a cleaner form for the record.
Probably just an error typing, like you mentioned.

Predator and I talked about putting something together to show representative VIN ranges, backed up with pics of the door decals that show the VIN and DSO for a given order.

I think that the problem with that "VIN registry", other than the minor mistakes and not being updated regularly, is that it's extrememly difficult to compile and manage a large number of VINs, much less 15K +/- of them. Also, the theory about the VIN numbers being consecutive isn't always true, and I see lots of "your car is outside the range" comments which may be wrong. As an example, in the '89 paperwork I looked at last night, E433142, an '89 assigned to Central Division, has VIN 201827. That is definitely outside the "range". FHP orders for '93 were like that, with several different batches, and who knows how many other orders were also.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
NoDrama43's Avatar
NoDrama43 NoDrama43 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
That's where I think my info came from but through what was put up on the VIN registry at the other site early on when office assignment was still shown. From that source E435238 (last 5 VIN# = 211303) clearly shows Coalinga. There appear to be some obvious input mistakes on that list however so it would be nice to see it put up online again in a cleaner form for the record.
The information I have is original (not copies) of CHP docs straight out of the motor transport facility in Sacramento. I also have the original invoices for every 1987 CHP mustang delivered by Dupratt Ford, signed off on by Jay Emery of CHP. If anyone has an 87 CHP car and wants copies of their paperwork I will send it to you to help document your car. The cars were delivered in batches of 3 to 5 per day and are invoiced as such so I don't want to break up the document as a whole. I will provide copies though (no charge) for anyone who owns a particular car. Eventually I will try to make all this info available on line, but for now it is safe in storage. It is available for anyone's use.

House....... 3500.00 all day long bro.
__________________
Jim


for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.