Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Mustang Crazy's Avatar
Mustang Crazy Mustang Crazy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic96 View Post
I'll ask the experts...I live in PA and I wonder how to make a car legal. I know the lights and sirens have to be diconnected, but lets say I buy a car with the lights on the roof, do they need to be covered? I'm guessing what you guys refer to as a "slick top" is one the lights are mounted on the package tray?I remmeber seeing a car last year at All Ford Carlisle that had a sign in the window that read "not in service" or "out of service". I just don't want to make a big investment and I can't drive it.

It happened to be me you saw at Carlisle last year. We had our '91 Georgia State Patrol and our '89 Florida Highway Patrol stangs there. I put a sign in my back window that says "Not In Service". I cover my lightbar with a lightbar cover. I used Georgia State Patrol baseball hats to cover my deck lights. I also use blue painters tape and cover all my decals. I have a in-line fuse that I pull out so that all my equipment doesn't work while I'm driving. If your going to Carlisle this year I'll be there with my GSP and FHP again.
__________________
'89 FHP Unit #1623
'89 FHP Unit #Unknown
'91 FHP Unit #1395
'93 FHP Unit #1660
'91 GSP Unit #1245
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.