Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-07-2008, 10:30 PM
jarhed123's Avatar
jarhed123 jarhed123 is offline
CHiPster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 877
Default

Small world, the guy is the brother of another guy who used to go racing with me in high school.
__________________
1985 CHP 8302 - 1992 CHP 9067 - 1986 FHP 0293 - 1986 LX 5.0 - 1993 Rome PD UNMRKD (Floyd Co., GA) - 1993 LX 5.0 - 2003 Mach1
http://s31.photobucket.com/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1#/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1&_suid=13957121463060810331252691418 8
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 PM
FHP#1357's Avatar
FHP#1357 FHP#1357 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Weston, Fl
Posts: 93
Default 1357

Whats up guys, its a small world and I've met a lot of nice people recently since I painted my car black & tan, Ive owned 1357 since 1998 I bought her at a state auction in Orlando for 4700.00, it was at Troop E, and driven by Tpr A.Chin who now works for Miami Beach, I have spoken to him but he has not seen the car yet, I know about the passenger door decal facing the wrong way, and the trunk sticker, I have another decal for that door that faces the right way and Im getting more, Im ready to answer your questions.

Last edited by ImEvil1; 12-07-2008 at 11:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 PM
jarhed123's Avatar
jarhed123 jarhed123 is offline
CHiPster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 877
Default

Welcome to the Forum.
__________________
1985 CHP 8302 - 1992 CHP 9067 - 1986 FHP 0293 - 1986 LX 5.0 - 1993 Rome PD UNMRKD (Floyd Co., GA) - 1993 LX 5.0 - 2003 Mach1
http://s31.photobucket.com/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1#/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1&_suid=13957121463060810331252691418 8
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-2008, 11:47 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Welcome to the site, John.

You answered my question, reference the rear trunk lettering. Your car could have had it, since it was Troop E.

If you haven't already checked it out, here is our FHP Restoration Guide.
http://www.specialservicemustang.net/FHP.htm
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-08-2008, 12:11 AM
FHP#1357's Avatar
FHP#1357 FHP#1357 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Weston, Fl
Posts: 93
Default

I know my car didnt have it, I will be talking to former trooper Chin now a beach cop, Im going to pic his brain and try to get some photos off him if he has'em
__________________

John Costa
1993 EX-FHP #1357
1991 NCHP #91-1212
2005 GT UNMARKED
www.photobucket.com/johnsrides
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-08-2008, 12:15 AM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

No worries, John.

Post up some better pics if you can, and you'll find lots of people here that are willing to help (depending on how far you want to take your car, how correct, etc).

I bought mine in '97 in Gainesville, but I think I was at the auction your car sold at in Orlando.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-08-2008, 12:54 AM
FHP#1357's Avatar
FHP#1357 FHP#1357 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Weston, Fl
Posts: 93
Default

I bought it 2/9/98, FHP bought it 4-1-93, it was retired in late 97' due to a "bad transmission" is what was on the windshield, it turned out to be a bad clutch cable!, I drove it home from orlando like that.

I have the maintenance card, warranty card, and the fleet service card, I kept a copy of the original title and some other trinket paperwork left in the car
__________________

John Costa
1993 EX-FHP #1357
1991 NCHP #91-1212
2005 GT UNMARKED
www.photobucket.com/johnsrides
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-08-2008, 01:12 AM
FHP#1357's Avatar
FHP#1357 FHP#1357 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Weston, Fl
Posts: 93
Default

the pictures I have saved are too large to download here, the site rejects them, I'll take some new ones and change the format size in my camara
__________________

John Costa
1993 EX-FHP #1357
1991 NCHP #91-1212
2005 GT UNMARKED
www.photobucket.com/johnsrides
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-08-2008, 09:13 PM
FHP#1118's Avatar
FHP#1118 FHP#1118 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP#1357 View Post
Whats up guys, its a small world and I've met a lot of nice people recently since I painted my car black & tan, Ive owned 1357 since 1998 I bought her at a state auction in Orlando for 4700.00, it was at Troop E, and driven by Tpr A.Chin who now works for Miami Beach, I have spoken to him but he has not seen the car yet, I know about the passenger door decal facing the wrong way, and the trunk sticker, I have another decal for that door that faces the right way and Im getting more, Im ready to answer your questions.
More decals?? do you have a source for FHP door crests? PLEEEEASE help a fellow FHP brother out! My car is all done sans decals and I can't get FHP door and trunk crests anywhere. I can get them made but can't come up with some clean artwork to copy from. Oh and welcome aboard.
__________________
Florida Highway Patrol marked unit #1118 Troop D
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-09-2008, 01:47 AM
FHP#1357's Avatar
FHP#1357 FHP#1357 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Weston, Fl
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP#1118 View Post
More decals?? do you have a source for FHP door crests? PLEEEEASE help a fellow FHP brother out! My car is all done sans decals and I can't get FHP door and trunk crests anywhere. I can get them made but can't come up with some clean artwork to copy from. Oh and welcome aboard.
Im working on aquiring another set or two, from two different sources and maybe a third, the first two promised to get them for me, the third already got me the fender decals, but thats all I asked for, If I get another set I will sell mine, the set on my car are on magnetic backings, I have two lefts and a right, I have $90 into them, Im hoping for something this week, I'll keep you posted
__________________

John Costa
1993 EX-FHP #1357
1991 NCHP #91-1212
2005 GT UNMARKED
www.photobucket.com/johnsrides
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.