Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
stadair's Avatar
stadair stadair is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 667
Default

Here are some pics. But looks like I have to retake a couple; the door sticker for one.

Looked for a patch in the quarter panels, none to be found.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 001.jpg (236.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 003.jpg (235.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 005.jpg (153.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 007.jpg (283.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 009.jpg (257.6 KB, 48 views)
__________________
Toshi

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2008, 10:46 AM
stadair's Avatar
stadair stadair is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 667
Default

Here are a few more pics, smaller files...

I really can't get a good pic of both buck tags. Here is what they read:

DSO 72 0009
CALIF
PAINT DOOR AND ROOF
WHITE CODE WB
REMAINDER BLACK UA

-------------------------

2660 LX2 LX E2 111908
AC HB
SK
G6 PF 1016 72009
2 111908 50
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 010.jpg (63.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 011.jpg (54.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 012.jpg (39.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg SSP Mustang 013.jpg (43.1 KB, 37 views)
__________________
Toshi

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2008, 01:29 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Toshi,

Your DSO matches the confirmed code for '93 CHP cars (0009). Chris N. (SparksSVT) has a '93 with the same DSO, within a few of yours on the VIN as well (111895 v/s 111908).

If you can't find where the whip was on the rear quarter, your car may have been one of the cars with the new antenna setup (roof and rear glass).

Chris has a nice Fotki with pics of his car here: http://public.fotki.com/SparkSVT/res...n-of-chp-5305/
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2008, 10:20 PM
SparkSVT SparkSVT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 363
Default

if you guys need some pics of my CHP "repaired" antenna hole in the quarter pannel I think I may have one in my harddrive. If you need other photos let me know.

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2008, 12:29 AM
stadair's Avatar
stadair stadair is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 667
Default

Very cool pics. My SSP does not have any marks on the package tray from lights or on the headliner. And as far as I can tell, no hole on the roof either, but I wasn't looking there. I'll look tomorrow.

This afternoon I started in on my cars heater core replacement. Only took four hours to get it out! With breaks now and then. But when I was in it, I found something interesting with the stereos antenna. From the stereo, the cable comes to the passenger kick panel to a small rectangular box. It enters the box at the narrow end of the rectangular and then at the opposite end the box has two male connectors which would form a "T". Another cable exits one side of the "T" and goes to the passenger fender. I should just take a picture of it instead of trying to discribe it. Anyway, it is not something I have in my '90 LX convertible. Sound like something police like?
__________________
Toshi

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-2008, 12:39 AM
stadair's Avatar
stadair stadair is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 667
Default

One of the pictures, 60/165, of the drivers floor board is very helpful to me. I see a patch where the drivers seat, bolts into the floor. The front left seat foot. Mine, the sheet metal has been torn. I did not know it and one day while driving, the seat rocked back on me while I was trying to shift! Not only that, but the left rear seat foot is cracked to boot. Is that common on these SSP cars?
__________________
Toshi

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-07-2008, 01:50 AM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Sounds like you may have a Sti-co splitter in there between the FM and antenna? Pull it out when you get a chance and you should be able to confirm.

Floor and seat problems are pretty common with these cars...
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2008, 12:22 AM
FHP#1357's Avatar
FHP#1357 FHP#1357 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Weston, Fl
Posts: 93
Default

NICB assists us in law enforcement through thier amazing data base, If you send PM me the VIN I can call NICB and see what they tell me, if you dont what to send the whole thing send me the last 10
__________________

John Costa
1993 EX-FHP #1357
1991 NCHP #91-1212
2005 GT UNMARKED
www.photobucket.com/johnsrides
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-2008, 10:57 AM
stadair's Avatar
stadair stadair is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 667
Default NICB

PM sent.

Yeah, so I've found out what NICB does. The lady at the CHP Motor Transport steered me wrong. I later looked at another carfax I have for an 2003 Toyota Tacoma and see that it also has NICB as the first entry. That kind of gave me a clue as they had nothing to do with the vehicle itself physically. Friday I sent in paper work to CA DMV for Ownership History. We'll see what comes back in a couple weeks. Meanwhile, I'll be searching for the unit number today. I've got two layers of paint to go through.
__________________
Toshi

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2008, 06:17 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Nice looking SSP! I like that color too...
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.