|
|||||||
| Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your purchase, too.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks for the warm welcome (jarhed too). I've had a crash course this past week in learning about the SSP's. Although I have zero interest in returning the car to active-duty status, I would bring the car back to its post-auction appearance. After redoing the interior, my next order of business would be finding a set of the original wheels. I could always paint the 10-holes like on latter-year SSP's, but I'd prefer to find an original set. Then I'd fix the bodywork. It should be a fun car, which I could use as an occasional daily driver.
I'll post up once I bring it home.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Always good to see another one surface.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Welcome
This guy has a set of wheels he listed a while back. Not sure if planned on keeping them now. http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=1020 As Mike (ImEvil1) said the center caps are the hardest to find. Usually run up to around $200 just for the caps. You can get a set of escort caps cheap and modify them. http://www.specialservicemustang.net...read.php?t=398 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I plan to hopefully finalize things with the seller in the next day or so. Then I'll need to insurance it and get the car licensed (hope it passes DMV inspection!).
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Here's another view -
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Looks pretty good.....funny how far east it has made it.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|