Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2012, 04:26 PM

Default 1986 M6-383 Tx DPS Saved

Well as Chris pointed out in the 86 Florida HP car post
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=4345
that I had located ,he mentioned that I was chasing a unicorn. When I was traveling down to look at the FHP, I made a call to a buddy that wanted me to look at some 5.0 Mustangs he was wanting to sell. So I met up with him and looked at what he was selling. We struck a deal and I asked do you have any other Mustangs. He said yes a few parts cars. Well I never dreamed what I was about to find.
Sitting in knee deep weeds and beggers lice, behind a large fence was a black 86 5.0 cpe and behind it was my brown unicorn 86 coupe. After looking at the blk coupe which had been rear ended on the pass side but was complete. I went to check out the brown coupe and my buddy replied thats a police car. He said I was parting that car out and I responded NOT anymore!!! I want it. He replied you would build that!!
I opened the drivers door which had been replaced (no door tag)and found the DPS internal number sticker (148383)and the car number tape(M6-383). I then raised the hood to check the buck tags and they were both present. The ground straps were intact and it had 3 of the 4 steel wheels. Spot light and antenna holes,Cert cal. speedo are present.
I was thrilled my search for a 85-86 Texas DPS car was complete. The down side is the drivers quarter has some pretty good damage and will need replacing. Both doors are not correct and the tranny is missing. No complaints here, its almost 100% all there. Another rare car saved. I will gather parts for a while then start the resto. If anybody out there that has any clean 1986 LX coupe interior in canyon red and wants to sell PM me. Hope ya'll enjoyed my adventure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m6383-8.JPG (43.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg m6383-50.JPG (35.9 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg m6383-48.JPG (35.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg m6383-49.JPG (36.1 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg m6383-7.JPG (44.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg m6383-30.JPG (31.7 KB, 89 views)

86 CHP Unit #3852
86 Texas DPS M6-383
93 Texas DPS M3-379
93 Cobra Teal #2304 (sold)
03 Cobra 10th Annv.Conv.