Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustang Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
No prob. What exactly are you looking for? You won't find many pics of those cars in-service, since they weren't marked and weren't involved in any typical LE work.
Yeah I didnt think I would find many picutres, Wish I could find out what all was inside the car? Ive only got about 3 holes on the dash and nothing were the radio should be so what ever was there is gone. Cant find any other markings like were maybe lights would have been, but I guess thats why they call it undercover.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.a.w.rods View Post
Yeah I didnt think I would find many picutres, Wish I could find out what all was inside the car? Ive only got about 3 holes on the dash and nothing were the radio should be so what ever was there is gone. Cant find any other markings like were maybe lights would have been, but I guess thats why they call it undercover.
FBI, DEA, et al used alot of Motorola Spectras (with A3 heads) like you can read about in the link below:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/moto...tra-index.html

Problem is...you don't really know what agency yours was from. Also, once you do get your car ID'd, there's also a ton of variation between how different divisions set up their cars.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
1991 Retired Govt. SSP

Hello... Don't feel bad about trying to find info. I bought a 1991 Black LX that was a government car that was originally from New York. It is fully loaded, premium interior, automatic and only had something mounted on the center console. It also has a glass mounted antenna. But like you I can't find any history on the car. I have looked everywhere and there is no history for my car... But I like it all the same.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 AM

I'm in the same boat, where I can't find any info on my car. The best I could do was a title search. It gave me the name of the guy I bought it from and the owners name before him. The guy I bought it from told me the guy he bought it from worked for the government, but that was all he could remember. And unfortunately, couldn't track that government guy down.

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)