Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustang Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Default Advice please, trying to get history on my Az ssp.

I have a Jerome Az. pd. ssp i'm refreshing. Along with cosmetic and mechainical work i'm doing to this car i have been trying to track down history aswell. So far i called Jerome town hall (no record left) and Jerome pd.
I spoke to the chief and he remembers the car but vaguely.He stated that maybe he could put me intouch with the chief prior to him as he hasn't been there that long then asked me to call back in about a week and eveytime i call it goes to voice mail (wtf ?) . Shouldn't police answer the phone? So, i left a message and also tried emailing them. I got nothing in return. Lastly, i called az dot and they have no ealy records either. They only hold records for 10 years. Then they are destroyed. That's what I was told.

So now i'm unsure what to do.

Any suggestions?

92 ssp Kansas Highway Patrol #270(1 of 7) sold
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 05-21-2011, 06:33 PM

Sometimes you can never find out the history of a particular SSP. If I were you I would continue as planned and keep researching whatever I could. I have no background on my 86 UHP and frankly, I don't really care to find out where in Utah it served or who it was assigned to. It's really not that important to me. Just the fact that I know it's a UHP car is enough, but that's just me. Nice car anyway.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP813 View Post
Sometimes you can never find out the history of a particular SSP. If I were you I would continue as planned and keep researching whatever I could. I have no background on my 86 UHP and frankly, I don't really care to find out where in Utah it served or who it was assigned to. It's really not that important to me. Just the fact that I know it's a UHP car is enough, but that's just me. Nice car anyway.
Thank for your input. I'm still trying to get info as i called town hall recently and one of the clerks there has offered to put me intouch with the retired cheif that was on the job when they had this car. Its just hard for me to except no history on this one as i have so much on Khp ssp.
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 05-22-2011, 12:41 PM

A smaller community might be different but it will continue to get tougher and tougher to obtain documentation. I consider myself very lucky with the SSPs I have had and presently have. Keep poking around and hopefully you'll find bits and pieces to lead you to more. Being persistent is a pre-req to finding some of this stuff.

So many have changed over computer systems and in the process dumped records on cars in "sold" state. Also sophisticated ones will have document retention guidelines where after a period of time things get destroyed. Combine that with so many of the ones who drove them retired or getting close to retirement age and it is getting tougher and tougher. Those SSPs with solid documentation will only become more desirable in the future.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 AM

All I can say is hang in there and keep trying. In terms of equipment, see if you can find out who the department used to sub-contract out the equipment installations. That company may have the invoice or purchase order still in their records. Somebody there may also remember how the car was set up too.

Just keep trying...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 PM

Talking

Made a break through today. I finally spoke with an ex police chief from jerome pd. He retired just before jerome got this car. He said that its an az dps car that jerome pd bought from the state police when it was about 5 years old ! Very interesting. So this car served two diff police departments. He said he is going to find out more info on the car. He will try to put me intouch with the current chief when car was purchased I feel I found a good resource. More info coming.
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 05-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Great job!

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer1 View Post
Made a break through today. I finally spoke with an ex police chief from jerome pd. He retired just before jerome got this car. He said that its an az dps car that jerome pd bought from the state police when it was about 5 years old ! Very interesting. So this car served two diff police departments. He said he is going to find out more info on the car. He will try to put me intouch with the current chief when car was purchased I feel I found a good resource. More info coming.
Did you miss this post when you bought the car?

http://www.sspmustang.org/forums/sho...ghlight=jerome

http://www.sspmustang.org/forums/sho...28&postcount=9
Quote:
03-2010, 11:08 PM

1992B4C
SSMOA Member

Thats DAS. Try trustandtransit.com and post it yourself. At least 8 different companies fight for your business. Its an old AZ DPS car so maybe I should pick it up.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 05-24-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I must have read the posting from 1992b4c and thought he assumed it was a dps car without knowing for sure. But now its confirmed.
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 05-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer1 View Post
I must have read the posting from 1992b4c and thought he assumed it was a dps car without knowing for sure. But now its confirmed.
You might want to check with him...I don't think he would have posted it without knowing.

Glad you got your info on it.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363