Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
I have a guess though where it's going if it hasn't been legitimately towed.
Hopefully not over to Europe for the life of a Clown car. It should be a crime what happens to American police cars that go there.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 03-30-2012, 10:48 PM
...Gathering Parts

Two deep water ports there between the area there where Bill lives in DE. I would be looking just north east of Wilmington around Deepwater NJ for shipping ports or a few more miles to Philly at the body shops between there and Cambridge, NJ or down towards Baltimore to their ports (I have spotters there and up in Cambridge also). If it hits a container it's gone towards the middle east. There are many that want those types of cars and most likely the lights weren't even noticed as the "order" might have been to get a dark colored Mustang and Bill's fit the order. The problem with parts on these vehicles is that there are VIN numbers everywhere on the parts making it that much more difficult to peddle the parts around the area.

Hopefully it didn't go far. I'd be calling towing companies too.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:51 PM

What a bummer Bill. Hopfully it comes up that it was towed. Less chance of it being damaged. Good luck on finding it.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

I posted over on FEP for you, Bill. Trying to help get the word out.

I would bet that the people who stole your car, aren't that smart. Practically looks like an undercover cop car. No plates, makes you unsure of if it's publicly owned or owned by an agency. Must have been pretty desperate to take something like your car.

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 AM

Thanks Sam!

As I said on FEP, the driver's side was completely unmarked, and I had covered the TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT lettering on the passenger side with black electrical tape. All of the emergency lights were disconnected, and the inside ones were completely covered. Using a tow truck/rollback, they most likely only took a couple of minutes to steal it, so they probably didn't realize that the car had been a police vehicle til they unloaded it. I'm hoping that the electrical problem which had stranded me 3 times keeps them from driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Two deep water ports there between the area there where Bill lives in DE. I would be looking just north east of Wilmington around Deepwater NJ for shipping ports or a few more miles to Philly at the body shops between there and Cambridge, NJ or down towards Baltimore to their ports (I have spotters there and up in Cambridge also). If it hits a container it's gone towards the middle east. There are many that want those types of cars and most likely the lights weren't even noticed as the "order" might have been to get a dark colored Mustang and Bill's fit the order. The problem with parts on these vehicles is that there are VIN numbers everywhere on the parts making it that much more difficult to peddle the parts around the area.

Hopefully it didn't go far. I'd be calling towing companies too.
Good points, Greg! I went around yesterday and visited a few shops that I've used in the past. Just trying to get the word out. I have a few guys asking around in dark corners and back alleys.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:11 PM

Default ANY WORD YET?

Any word yet on your car? Possible leads? Hopefully they find it intact.
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
Old 04-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Nothing to report I've burned a lot of time on the phone and also visited places to check and also get the word out. The car did not go to New Jersey or south to Baltimore, or my EZ Pass transponder would have registered the journey. It most likely went north of here...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:49 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Nothing to report I've burned a lot of time on the phone and also visited places to check and also get the word out. The car did not go to New Jersey or south to Baltimore, or my EZ Pass transponder would have registered the journey. It most likely went north of here...
that blows. I hope thats not the case.
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
Old 04-07-2012, 11:05 PM
It is what it is.

Any updates?

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 04-08-2012, 03:33 AM

Sorry about this, Bill. I haven't been on the board lately so I didn't know. I hope it's found soon and intact, undamaged. I can't stand a thief!!! One of the lowest forms of life.

Two weekends ago, I went to visit my parents about 2 hrs east of here. I was gone about 3.5 days. When I came home, I happened to notice the passenger door on my CSP Camaro wasn't completely closed. I opened the door and the OEM and Motorola radios were still there. I walked around to the driver door and it was still locked. My registration was still in the envelope but lying in the driver's seat. I had cleaned up and repainted the battery tray and while that dried and cured, had stored the battery in the driver's floorboard on the all-weather mat. The battery was in the back seat. The jumper cables were still in their bag in the passenger seat where I left them. Under the hood seemed OK, too.

The only thing I can find out of order is the back headliner trim piece is loose with a screw missing on the driver side, like they were trying to get that. The hatch wasn't touched. They couldn't have closed that without the battery being hooked up.

Honestly, it could have been that way for a few days or a week or more, I just don't know. I didn't find out until today how they got in. I woke the car up and started to bathe her and saw where they had got in via the window on the passenger door.

With nothing known missing and I didn't notice the window, I never filed a police report.

Not the same pain as yours, but violated none-the-less.

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)