Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Restoration-related Equipment Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Restoration-related Equipment Tech Any questions or information about any period-correct resto equipment (ie. switchboxes, lights, radios).

Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 PM

Glad to see you come up on the forum Eric, this is a great place to be. You are completely headed in the right direction with your car and there is plenty of enjoyment ahead. Just remember that as neat as it is to have a finished restored car, the process of getting there brings just as much, if not more, pleasure so hang in there. Your car is most welcome at Ripon regardless of it's state of completion...it's really all about the sharing. I showed mine there that way for three years straight and everyone loves the in-process projects!
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 10-09-2011, 06:59 PM

Congrats on your '82. The only '82 recently on Ebay that is coming to mind is the one that was alleged to be some sort of movie/stunt car? Is this the one?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Congrats on the purchase and good luck finding those other, hard-to-find parts. Sounds like you're off to a great start already.
Thank you and Yes I am off to a great start..
Old 10-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
welcome and congratulations on your purchase !!!
Thank you for the welcoming..
Old 10-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
Welcome!!
Can you post up some pics of your '82?
Thank you for the welcoming, and yes I will get cracking on posting some of the pictures I have.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:10 AM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Welcome aboard!! Thanks for keeping us informed. Good luck on your project and make sure you take pictures!
Thank you for the welcoming and I will get some pictures posted here within a couple of weeks if not sooner.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:11 AM

Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Please post any pictures, and don't be afraid to ask any questions. We're here to help you.
Thank you for the welcoming.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp1982 View Post
Congrats on your '82. The only '82 recently on Ebay that is coming to mind is the one that was alleged to be some sort of movie/stunt car? Is this the one?
Yes this is the alleged movie car that once belonged to Paramount pictures.I have nothing that supports this fact. The previous owner lives in Van Nuys California and works for the movie industry their in Los Angeles.Previous owner claimed he purchased this vehicle from a movie director and that this vehicle I now own and a retired CHP Mustang (last four vin.....3063) were in a late 1980's movie starring Mark Hamill.Supposedly and unfortunately this sister car #3063 was destroyed in a road race crash accident. I have yet to find this movie. My Certificate of Title shows that it once had personalized California license plates that read "DIRECTS".
Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 AM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Please post any pictures, and don't be afraid to ask any questions. We're here to help you.
Thank you for the help offering and I will be posting up some of my pictures here in a couple of weeks if not sooner.Thanks again.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:49 AM

Default Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
Glad to see you come up on the forum Eric, this is a great place to be. You are completely headed in the right direction with your car and there is plenty of enjoyment ahead. Just remember that as neat as it is to have a finished restored car, the process of getting there brings just as much, if not more, pleasure so hang in there. Your car is most welcome at Ripon regardless of it's state of completion...it's really all about the sharing. I showed mine there that way for three years straight and everyone loves the in-process projects!
Thank You Michael for the the encouraging advice with my project CHP Mustang.I am glad to be part of the forum and look forward to my contribution of pictures with my project here at SS Mustang .net.I am definitely motivated and looking forward to the 2012 Ripon event.Thank you again..