Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 PM

Smile 1982 CHP Unit E870204 going up for sale

Well I really hate to do this but I am going to part with my Labor of Love this 1982 SSP CHP Mustang Unit#0204 and was once assigned in Tracy California. After attending the 2013 Morro Bay show I decided maybe it’s time to change gears and take another route in this hobby. I will be listing the car today or tomorrow on Craigslist and identifying its history and encourage that this historical vehicle retains its historical value in its original restored CHP condition if not stock condition. I can only hope after this cars sale it does not get molested by a car stereo enthusiast who also has a strong passion for after market performance parts and over sized wheels and tires that would fit a Stage Coach Wagon.
The car has a 5.0 engine with a 4 speed Manual Transmission. It will definitely require brakes and perhaps a brake master cylinder. The other day when I rolled it out of the shop did hear some racket coming from the right rear brake drum. I have basically everything for the car minus some of the AC parts and headliner. I have two extra CHP fenders and another front bumper cover with the siren hole cut out on the passenger side. (That is original to the car)When I brought the car home it had a Mustang door with the latch on the lower portion of the door so I removed it and installed a correct driver side door but belonging Unit 0448 on it. The rear window and front windshield trim was removed last year when I had the windshield replaced. I also have an original set of 4 beauty rings that goes with the car. the equipment that’s already in the car goes with the car. The roof top antenna and cabling is still intact and routed in the trunk after all these years. I do have its Prior Police Title in hand If any member here is interested I will let the car go for $4,600and my Craigslist listing will be $5,600my email is iceman6020@aol.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (140.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 4.5.jpg (147.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (166.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (146.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (151.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 8 0448.jpg (132.8 KB, 59 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPCHPSTANG3101 View Post
Well I really hate to do this but I am going to part with my Labor of Love this 1982 SSP CHP Mustang Unit#0204 and was once assigned in Tracy California. After attending the 2013 Morro Bay show I decided maybe it’s time to change gears and take another route in this hobby. I will be listing the car today or tomorrow on Craigslist and identifying its history and encourage that this historical vehicle retains its historical value in its original restored CHP condition if not stock condition. I can only hope after this cars sale it does not get molested by a car stereo enthusiast who also has a strong passion for after market performance parts and over sized wheels and tires that would fit a Stage Coach Wagon.
The car has a 5.0 engine with a 4 speed Manual Transmission. It will definitely require brakes and perhaps a brake master cylinder. The other day when I rolled it out of the shop did hear some racket coming from the right rear brake drum. I have basically everything for the car minus some of the AC parts and headliner. I have two extra CHP fenders and another front bumper cover with the siren hole cut out on the passenger side. (That is original to the car)When I brought the car home it had a Mustang door with the latch on the lower portion of the door so I removed it and installed a correct driver side door but belonging Unit 0448 on it. The rear window and front windshield trim was removed last year when I had the windshield replaced. I also have an original set of 4 beauty rings that goes with the car. the equipment that’s already in the car goes with the car. The roof top antenna and cabling is still intact and routed in the trunk after all these years. I do have its Prior Police Title in hand If any member here is interested I will let the car go for $4,600and my Craigslist listing will be $5,600my email is iceman6020@aol.com
http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/3768569311.html
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 PM

That looks like a nice opportunity for someone...best wishes.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 AM

X 2 !! Best of luck on the sale !
Looks nice !
Old 04-27-2013, 12:50 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
That looks like a nice opportunity for someone...best wishes.
Thanks Mike, we will see where it goes.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:51 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10608 View Post
X 2 !! Best of luck on the sale !
Looks nice !
Thanks John...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 AM

Found a current CL ad for this one -

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/3772559216.html

Quote:
1982 CHP MUSTANG SSP CAR - $4999 (Bakersfield)

This is a "VERY RARE AND HISTORICAL" Retired in "1985" California Highway Patrol (CHP) (SSP) 1982 Mustang Unit #0204 and not a clone. Unit 0204 is one of the lowest surviving unit numbers in existence. The car was assigned in Tracy California and sent back to Motor Transport for its decommissioning. This listing is not like some of the other misleading "CL" listings claiming their Mustang is a "CHP" Mustang when it's really not. These misleading listing are usually based off the owner's civilian vehicle body style looks like a CHP Mustang and not the true "POLICE PACKAGE" characteristics that the car should have the difference with my listing from other misleading listings or some of the original CHP Mustangs listings is most of these cars have been modded with performance enhancing parts, larger brakes, aftermarket wheels, aftermarket lift off cowl induction hoods and stereo systems. This Mustang I am listing has not been molested by stereo equipment, over sized wheels that really belong on a Stage Coach Wagons. (NO MODS WHAT SO EVER) I also have its Prior Police Pink on hand proving its origin. Its original black and white roof paint is there and fortunately the car was not sent to a one day paint shop after it was retired by the CHP and auctioned off. You will not find any holes in the door panels or rear package tray at all This is a running 5.0 HO Engine backed with a 4 speed Manual Transmission and factory running gear. The car rolls on factory 14" steel wheels and aluminum dog dish hub caps. I also have a set of 4 beauty rings (not Pictured) as well. The car will need brakes, brake master cylinder and possibly front hub bearings. The seats and carpet are all original to the car and the dash pad needs to be replaced. (Cracked and wrong color).This can be expected with the age of a car. The car will need a new headliner and the headliner board is still intact and all the seat belts are all there. I have two extra front fenders from another CHP Mustang and front bumper cover with the siren hole on the passenger side of the car.
The car does come with some CHP equipment:
Metal Shotgun Rack with Santa Cruz electric lock, metal note holder, Roxter Map Light and required wiring. (All 12 Volt) minus the looming it should have.
Original roof top two way radio antenna and cable. (Cable routed from the inside of the roof and down to the trunk).
Trunk wood supply/ flare box (Front middle of trunk)
Wood radio board and metal support brackets. (Rear of the trunk)
A-Pillar post Spotlight holes are present
Driver side rear quarter panel antenna whip ball mount factory drilled holes are present.
Single ignition key that operates door and trunk locks.
Factory Certified Calibrated Speedometer.
Factory installed trunk release button located on the lower driver side dash.
First Aid Kit bracket (Driver Side)
I would like and prefer to see this Historical Vehicle go to someone who is going to continue its restoration process back to its CHP Service Condition. .
My Disclaimers:
Sorry I am not looking for any trades like in the past I have offered of another car, truck, boat, motorcycle and farm animals. I only want the $$$.
Please, No Tire Kickers, Low Ballers or Pipe Dreamers wishing on winning the lottery. I only want serious buyers only.
I will not respond to emails and I will respond only to legitimate phone numbers via text or phone call. If I miss your call or text I will respond as soon as possible or when I return from work providing you leave a message.
If you have any questions I can be reached by my Cell Phone@ 66one-3one9-546eight and my name is Eric. Thank You and have a nice day. . ...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:09 AM

It's been raining '82's lately!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Found a current CL ad for this one -

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/3772559216.html
All I got to say is there are some strange and questionable individuals runnig around out there on the streets. Although CL is free to list but I found out it's not always a good way to sell a car or anything else for that matter. I received several text messages last Saturday from one individual who must hate cops, cop cars or both. (It was only obvious just from reading his text messages) He informed me my 1982 Mustang was a "P O S" and all these cars were "P O S'S". This angry and frustrated proceeds to inform that he is boxer and has the abilities to bench presses 400 plus pounds every day. He must be a Dentist because he also offered to remove my teeth for free by knocking them out. I replied back with a smart a$$ reply, " I am really not mpressed with your Super Hero statement"so here is my address and he still hasnt showed up yet.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:14 PM

I have heard some stories of those who have listed items on craigslist, but your feedback is some of funniest. reading the listing on craigslist is as good as any stand-up comedy show.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/