Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 AM

Thanks for confirming that, Ryan.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eyedfoxdriver View Post
Thanks for that info Rhino. You're the first to reference the firewall coding and that is something I've been very curious about. I was pretty sure that it was a WSP, but you've boosted that level to confident.
The holes on the firewall match where the relays were mounted for the emergency equipment.

Here's some info on those markings:

The top 4 digits are the inventory # as used in the pre-delivery inspection (PDI). LG stands for Leonard Griffin (Who worked for McCallom Ford in Spokane). He marked the firewall on every car he inspected with his initials. All of our cars have them - even the PCSD Mustangs. The bottom date is when the car was inspected at the dealer.

For comparison - here's a few pics of my cars:
87 WSP Mustang:

88 PCSD Mustang:
Old 01-21-2014, 12:31 AM

Thinking of moving this along , again. Since previously listed, I've reconditioned the black part of the bumpers, and added a Trickflow top end, with stock cam and 1.72roller rockers, Street Heat intake, BBK 75mm TB , Pro-m MAF, 24lb injectors, cai, OR h-pipe, Dynomax catback, BAMA SCT chip and 3.55 gears. Picked up roughly 70hp over stock, but you can't really tell it's modded just driving around. I have all the stock parts, except a couple pieces of pipes from the emmisions that were rusted, and would be willing to return to stock. Current mileage is 108k.

Current known mechanical problems,
Tranny still grinds in third when it's cold or power shifted, at some point that will need addressed, and new clutch I'm sure.
Temperature control needs fixed. The knob doesn't change the temp by it's self, you have to reach through the glove box, and help the wire along.
AC was changed over, new hoses and dryer, but still had a leak somewhere. It was needing a charge every couple weeks.
Something kind of funny with the TB. If the idle screw is set right, it's like it's hard to press the throttle initially, right now the idle is around 1000 and it doesn't do it.
It could probably use a real dyno tune , sometimes it just doesn't run as perfect as I think it could.

I would be willing to drive this to deliver it, pretty much anywhere, for the right fee, that's how sure I am in it mechanically getting down the road.

I really want to trade for a 4 eyed Mustang, that I won't feel bad about modding to the hilt, but still has ac and isn't a drag car. I'm open to up or down trades, to a point .

$7000 as it sits, or $5000 with the stock stuff put back on.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:26 PM

I listed this on Craigslist. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4298597956.html

I'm a little flexible on the cash price. If someone wanted this without the upgrades, and I did not have to put the stock stuff back on, I could be even more flexible.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:30 PM

Nice car. I recommend swapping the OEM stuff back on...I think you'll get your money out of everything easier that way. Definitely keep pushing it in the SSP community so it doesn't turn into a drag car.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:26 PM

I hope to see it go to someone who would keep it SSP, there's enough drag cars already.

If someone is interested, I would sale, or trade for $4000 , with the upgrades removed, and the stock stuff not installed.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:20 PM

Next week it's going in the shop to either have the stock stuff installed and it will still be for sale, or I'll have the tranny rebuilt, and keep it. Either way the $4000 won't be available past then.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:30 AM

Being a fellow WSP owner, I'd say - Keep it!! They look nice, and, are harder and harder to find.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:40 PM

No way to keep it now, Got me another 4 eyed

I really would like to see this go to a good home. I'd be open to reasonable offers, with or without upgrades.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eyedfoxdriver View Post
No way to keep it now, Got me another 4 eyed

I really would like to see this go to a good home. I'd be open to reasonable offers, with or without upgrades.
Very Nice!