Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustang Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
You both may be right. Those unconfirmed Hall County cars are part of a 16-car consecutive VIN batch where that DSO spans more than four cars. So three cars may have gone to them and the rest were sold elsewhere. Does the front bumper on your car show any mounting holes for those round lights?
No it does not, nor were there any holes in the roof for the mounts or wiring. I even checked under the weatherstripping.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwyman View Post
No it does not, nor were there any holes in the roof for the mounts or wiring. I even checked under the weatherstripping.
So it remains a mystery. Hang in there!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-18-2020, 10:01 PM

Default Collaboration with Marti Auto Works

So I hinted earlier about some good things coming from Kevin Marti. Well, he and I have developed a mutually beneficial relationship. You see, some of the photos we find and publish in this Project contain unique information that Kevin needs to confirm data he provides. For instance, some VCL VIN labels found on the driver's door have specific spring rates listed for certain DSO numbers he needs. Kevin has ID'd those DSO numbers, and I have sent over the ones I have. For each needed photo I supply, he has agreed to run 3 standard Marti Reports. In this most recent instance, I supplied him with 21 photos which equates to 63 Marti Reports. That is HUGE!

I have VIN-specific folders of photos for cars that we suspect are SSPs, but the documentation is lacking. In other instances, there are VINs we suspect are SSPs, but we just do not know for sure. So we are using these Marti Reports to confirm a bunch of SSP Mustangs.

Here are two examples of what these new reports are able to add to the Project:

1983 NCSHP (same DSO as two other NCSHP cars)
1984 TxDPS #F4-471 (already in Project)

It takes a little bit of time to create these new pages, but I will update this thread with interesting updates to the Project.

THANK YOU to Kevin Marti for agreeing to this arrangement. If you have not already done so, go order a Deluxe Marti Report for your car(s).

Old 04-18-2020, 10:25 PM

That’s great news, Bill! Thanks as always for your hard work.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:19 PM

Thanks! I love being able to do this.

Here's one that is interesting. Y'all may remember a 1984 SSP ordered by the Georgia Division of Revenue -

EF227282 DSO #21-0479

Bobby (kapracing) owned this SSP at one time. It was Dark Academy Blue and was part of a 2-car VIN batch. Nothing was known about the other car, until now -

EF227283 DSO #21-0480

This car was ordered by the same dealer in Georgia as the other SSP, and the DSO number is one digit higher. This one was painted Dark Charcoal Metallic. Who knows what the history may have been on this SSP? Perhaps it was another "Revenuer"?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-18-2020, 11:52 PM
Bobby Edwards

Great stuff Bill!

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Old 04-19-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
So it remains a mystery. Hang in there!
Since the pictures from Hall County show a light bar, the front bumper lights, and the Georgia License Plates and the title history doesn't show it ever being titled in Georgia, I'm leaning towards this car being a Florence County, SC car. I do have a call into Florence County to confirm it.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
So I hinted earlier about some good things coming from Kevin Marti. Well, he and I have developed a mutually beneficial relationship. You see, some of the photos we find and publish in this Project contain unique information that Kevin needs to confirm data he provides. For instance, some VCL VIN labels found on the driver's door have specific spring rates listed for certain DSO numbers he needs. Kevin has ID'd those DSO numbers, and I have sent over the ones I have. For each needed photo I supply, he has agreed to run 3 standard Marti Reports. In this most recent instance, I supplied him with 21 photos which equates to 63 Marti Reports. That is HUGE!

I have VIN-specific folders of photos for cars that we suspect are SSPs, but the documentation is lacking. In other instances, there are VINs we suspect are SSPs, but we just do not know for sure. So we are using these Marti Reports to confirm a bunch of SSP Mustangs.

Here are two examples of what these new reports are able to add to the Project:

1983 NCSHP (same DSO as two other NCSHP cars)
1984 TxDPS #F4-471 (already in Project)

It takes a little bit of time to create these new pages, but I will update this thread with interesting updates to the Project.

THANK YOU to Kevin Marti for agreeing to this arrangement. If you have not already done so, go order a Deluxe Marti Report for your car(s).

That is awesome! Thank you!
Old 04-19-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwyman View Post
Since the pictures from Hall County show a light bar, the front bumper lights, and the Georgia License Plates and the title history doesn't show it ever being titled in Georgia, I'm leaning towards this car being a Florence County, SC car. I do have a call into Florence County to confirm it.
Good luck!

Old 04-19-2020, 10:38 AM

Default Here's something NOT related to SSP Mustangs

As most of you know, Mick/foxchassis was instrumental in assembling the VINs for this Project. He is very active with Four Eyed Pride, and our Project could not have been done without his efforts. So every once in a while when I would be running Marti Reports I would include some VINs that he needed.

In our latest efforts, Mick had 3 VINs of interest. As it turns out, the cars below are the first Saleen Mustangs from 1984. I could be wrong, and I will be happy to edit this post if needed, but I believe these cars are the first Saleen Mustangs.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf saleen1.pdf (436.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf saleen2.pdf (454.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf saleen3.pdf (454.5 KB, 3 views)