Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2017, 01:40 AM

Default 1988 Mustang SSP Washington State Patrol

Original 1988 Mustang SSP Washington State Patrol (WSP) Pursuit Interceptor "survivor" - with original 5-speed manual transmission and original unmodified 5.0 HO engine.

Original drive-train, upholstery, factory paint (with original WSP thin, light-blue trim side stripe), spotlight, high output 135 Amp alternator and many other items unique to the WSP SSP package (no blue coolant hoses, etc.). Never had any collision work. Tires are now Good-Year Eagle HP "Z" rated high speed rags, McLeod clutch, and exhaust has Turbo-Flow mufflers.

All original WSP paperwork documents are included in a large, thick binder, plus more. No hallucination SSP here, this car is truly authentic.

I originally saw this car at the "Yakima Air Fair," Yakima, WA, displayed along with 3 WSP Cessna 172's when the car wore it's WSP livery - radios, antennae, WSP side stickers, roof light-bar, rollbar etc., etc., and also happened to meet the uniformed WSP Trooper that drove this car at that time. Much of that livery was removed before auction, but the character of the car remains intact.

After the "Yakima Air Fair," I combed Auburn, WA GSA auctions until this same car appeared for auction sale and then I bought it as a private party purchase. The care the WSP Trooper had given to this same car is what stood out for me and why I waited and looked for this particular car.

This car has never seen a race track nor drifting or rally events. It is a truly unique collectible "survivor," an "eye-catching," honest SSP car that has minimal "petina" and only a few small "cleanup" items (passenger door handle, door locks and FM/AM radio aren't functioning properly, for instance). A/C needs to be serviced.

This car is listed on CL with pictures for $8500:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6145429457.html

Condition: good+++
Engine: the original 5.0 HO
Transmission: the original 5 speed manual
Paint: original factory paint job Oxford White with WSP light blue pin stripe
Title status: clean
Miles: 170K+ maintained miles

I really hate to part with this one, but I'm a downsizing "empty-nester."

Serious inquiries only please.

Ph # 253-737-0155
email GT500HD@mail.com (note: not "gmail" just "mail.com).

Thanks for looking.

Larry