Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustang Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
Build sheets from aero cars are very scarce. I don't recall ever seeing one from a 1991-93 but I would have to check later to be sure if I have any saved.

I am just going off of other (four-eyed) special order sheets that I have seen, from acsMcLarens, Saleens, SSPs, etc., where the remarks mention replacing the standard seats with other seats.
Let me know what you find out, whenever you can. I've never seen anything about the seats down below in the remarks that I can remember (in SSPs only), but maybe it was just a part number mentioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
On the basis of this report, would I be correct in assuming that Kevin Marti has the ability to separate and quantify the number of cars that came with the SSP option? If so, could anyone offer to pay Marti Auto Works to research the number of 5.0L notchbacks cars that came with the SSP option for each year? Are we really now able to determine how many SSP Mustangs were built? If so, then one of us with a good relationship with Kevin Marti needs to contact him ASAP.
I don't think so, Bill. I thought we approached him awhile back on this, and he said that it couldn't be done? Something about the SSP option not being searchable in the database.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 10-16-2015, 10:29 AM
VIN guru

Here are just two examples of one trim code on the door tag and a different trim code on the buck tag:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info122743.htm
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info182331.htm

Not sure why "G" code was on the buck tags though. That code hadn't been used since 1989, and then it was for A/S leather seating (convertibles only), not 'base' cloth seating.

I think I have only seen this alternate trim code between the door tag and buck tag in 1991-93, when LX 5.0L sedans were supposed to have a A/S seating standard.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:38 AM

When I approached him regarding a further breakdown of our car he did indicate to me that some of the agencies with specific color requests ie:Michigan and the two tone cars were extremely difficult to breakdown....we on the other hand have this test car and he was intrigued with its status as well as I was.....I don't believe at this time he's opening up the full areo car info to all years but ya never know....
1993 Teal Cobra #2803
1993 Blk/blk GT hatch
Old 10-16-2015, 11:11 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
Here are just two examples of one trim code on the door tag and a different trim code on the buck tag:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info122743.htm
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info182331.htm

Not sure why "G" code was on the buck tags though. That code hadn't been used since 1989, and then it was for A/S leather seating (convertibles only), not 'base' cloth seating.

I think I have only seen this alternate trim code between the door tag and buck tag in 1991-93, when LX 5.0L sedans were supposed to have a A/S seating standard.
I think they are all like that (later cars). My '93 FHP is, and there are several others listed in the tech section on the site here that show the same codes.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 10-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOCARNUTS View Post
When I approached him regarding a further breakdown of our car he did indicate to me that some of the agencies with specific color requests ie:Michigan and the two tone cars were extremely difficult to breakdown....we on the other hand have this test car and he was intrigued with its status as well as I was.....I don't believe at this time he's opening up the full areo car info to all years but ya never know....
That's because the paint codes he uses to break them down are blank on special paint cars.

Your car is pretty interesting. Ever find out anything from Ford on what it might have been used for?

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 10-16-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I don't think so, Bill. I thought we approached him awhile back on this, and he said that it couldn't be done? Something about the SSP option not being searchable in the database.
That was my understanding as well, so I was surprised to see the SSP determination being made on the elite report for this 93 Calypso car. Maybe something has changed? It could be that the special paint cars may not be searchable for the SSP option. Still, I wonder if it might be worthwhile to send him an email with this elite report attached and ask him about it. You know me; I'm always willing to pursue lost causes in the search for SSP documentation. But I wonder if you would have better success with Kevin since you are a recent customer of his. It's been a while since I have ordered a batch of Marti Reports.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-16-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
That's because the paint codes he uses to break them down are blank on special paint cars.

Your car is pretty interesting. Ever find out anything from Ford on what it might have been used for?
While attending the Woodward Dream cruise this past summer I was able to meet a gentleman whom works within the experimental vehicle dept and he took down a bunch of info on the car as well as pics....he was surprised that Ford had kept it for almost 2 1/2 years before release through the dealer network and that an employee had not bought it prior...he thought it may have been used for marketing purposes or was kept in house incase they needed a car for potential litigation ie: making sure fuel economy stated on window stickers was correct...really odd that it only had 2100 miles on it when sold to Crain Harter Ford in Huntington IN and then to the Huntington county Sherrif's dept...later traded back in on a new 99 Explorer...then it had 36k on the clock...
1993 Teal Cobra #2803
1993 Blk/blk GT hatch
Old 10-16-2015, 12:35 PM

By the way I have not heard anything back from the Ford employee to date....hoping for sure...
1993 Teal Cobra #2803
1993 Blk/blk GT hatch
Old 10-16-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
That was my understanding as well, so I was surprised to see the SSP determination being made on the elite report for this 93 Calypso car. Maybe something has changed? It could be that the special paint cars may not be searchable for the SSP option. Still, I wonder if it might be worthwhile to send him an email with this elite report attached and ask him about it. You know me; I'm always willing to pursue lost causes in the search for SSP documentation. But I wonder if you would have better success with Kevin since you are a recent customer of his. It's been a while since I have ordered a batch of Marti Reports.
I just tried calling and reached a staff member whom said "we dont have that information out yet" it's coming but not available yet....
1993 Teal Cobra #2803
1993 Blk/blk GT hatch
Old 10-16-2015, 12:45 PM

Door data tag shot...I know there was some discussion about these..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg data tag ssp.jpg (103.7 KB, 38 views)
1993 Teal Cobra #2803
1993 Blk/blk GT hatch