Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:44 PM

Default Possibly found a SSP

I've been looking for a trade or sell partner for a while and one just fell in my lap. It is a '92 NCHP car. It has been painted black, lowered and chrome pony wheels put on it but that can all change. It appears not to have any equipment nor does it have spot lights. I was told it was a slick roof car so would it have had spot lights? I know to check the buck tag as he says it is still there. Anything else? Over the stock mustang LX what was included in the SSP? It is looking like we are meeting up at the 50th event to do the swap if he does not come down here sooner.

Running around here is a black 85 or 86 SSP. I know the owners name is Scott, met him a few years ago at a show here in Douglasville and his car was black with tan interior, had the correct wheels but that was it, no other markings. I really liked that car. It was like a undercover or unmarked unit. Did any of the NCHP cars come like that and what would have been the proper unmarked NCHP cars scheme? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just looking forward to finally getting the SSP that I want. This car is black with grey interior, automatic and VIN 1FACP40E9NF119610

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Ford Fan Since a Kid

Default Possible NCHP SSP

To my knowledge all NC cars after 1986 were automatics, and except for the unmarked cars all were ordered from the factory as solid black (the exception was 1990 when they were ordered black with silver roofs). NCHP cars did not have spotlights, silicone hoses, or bonding straps on the hood or trunk. Look on the left end of the dash to see if there is a sticker from the NC Dept. of Crime & Safety (I think that's right) and/or a holder for a gas credit card. Open the trunk and on the inside lip of both left and right rear fenders where the trunk opening is there should be two holes each where the antennas were mounted for the radio equipment. Hope this helps. Good luck!