Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Default Got some ETs for the Mustang

Yesterday, I met up with some friends from www.mustangcollective.com for a private track rental at Maryland Int'l Raceway. I took my 2012 GT/CS, and ran it for the first time. The car is a stock 5.0L/auto (except for GT500 mufflers), with 3.15:1 gears and 19" OEM Pirelli tires. Here are a couple of pictures that have been posted up so far -

The burnout picture was done strictly for the camera. Heating up street tires like that makes for a slippery launch. Track prep was great, but if the car started spinning I got outa the gas quickly to avoid trouble. I made over 12 passes, for a best ET of 12.898 at 110.71mph, with a 60' of 2.030 seconds (launching from idle). I had a GREAT time, and it was nice catching up with friends that I only get to see 1-2 times a year. Plus it's nice to know that my daily driver is a solid 12-second car.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 PM

not bad for 3.15 gears and street tires those stock tires are hard and junk to try to race on i got my chp to go 13.9s with 3.08s
typhoon intake, bbk cold air intake, professional products 70tb and egr
c&L 73mm mass air
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 PM

That's a nice looking GT/CS !! Looks really good with the Silver/Black color combo !!

89 NE SSP
03 Cobra
93 LX Hatchback

10 F250 SuperDuty
12 Boss 302
12 GT500
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 AM

Thanks guys! I really like my GT/CS, and couldn't be happier with how it performs. I have never been a real big fan of silver cars, but this one grabbed my attention. Since my stolen 2006 Mustang GT from the Harper Woods, Michigan PD was black with silver stripes, this car with the opposite paint scheme seemed like the perfect replacement.

It was a great day at the track. Nobody broke their car, and everyone had a great time. Here are a couple of video links. The first one is 13 minutes long, and the first sound you hear is me launching the car at the line (so don't crank up your PC speakers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=h-PI2dnBIR4

The next video link shows the SECOND race I had against a friend's 2011 Eco-Boost Ford Flex. I beat John in the fiirst race by 0.005 seconds, for a come-from-behind victory, but John forgot to start his GoPro cameras (DOH!). So we lined up again without cooling the cars down, and the victory went to the spoiler in his wife's grocery getter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Erl...layer_embedded

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Thanks guys! I really like my GT/CS, and couldn't be happier with how it performs. I have never been a real big fan of silver cars, but this one grabbed my attention. Since my stolen 2006 Mustang GT from the Harper Woods, Michigan PD was black with silver stripes, this car with the opposite paint scheme seemed like the perfect replacement.

It was a great day at the track. Nobody broke their car, and everyone had a great time. Here are a couple of video links. The first one is 13 minutes long, and the first sound you hear is me launching the car at the line (so don't crank up your PC speakers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=h-PI2dnBIR4

The next video link shows the SECOND race I had against a friend's 2011 Eco-Boost Ford Flex. I beat John in the fiirst race by 0.005 seconds, for a come-from-behind victory, but John forgot to start his GoPro cameras (DOH!). So we lined up again without cooling the cars down, and the victory went to the spoiler in his wife's grocery getter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Erl...layer_embedded

So what ever happened to the Harper car? Were you able to keep track it after the auction?
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 AM

Justin, I lost track of the Harper Woods PD Mustang after the auction by the insurance company ended early. No worries though - I really like the new Mustang!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 AM

I hope it turns up again. Glad your liking you CS!
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 PM

Nice videos Bill! Those times are pretty great for what you've got.

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Old 10-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Thanks Toshi! You may know two of the guys who came from Michigan. Jim Carolan (sp?) belongs to MOCSEM, and John S. (scrmn) used to own an in-your-face yellow/flamed 2005 V6 Mustang (he's the one who owns the 12-seconf Flex now). It was a great time for sure!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 AM

is the john the one you talked about used to own a yellow 05 v6 with black racing stripes and a supercharger on it?
typhoon intake, bbk cold air intake, professional products 70tb and egr
c&L 73mm mass air