Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustang Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 AM

Does your car have aftermarket cruise control?

One more, do you know where the siren was?
Looks like it was controlled by a motorolla syntor?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM

No cruise.

The sirens up to right now are all the self contained separate units. All I have ever seen in LSP units are self contained separate ones. Even now with the Syntors and the ability to use the in-head unit option for sirens they still use a separate Whelen 295SL or something similar.

In the 88-93 period it was the Whelen WS-295, or the F/S 300 black faceplate siren. It was mounted in the tree with everything else.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 PM

Hey Dwayne,
Are your quarter plastics out of the car?
Can you see if you have a number written inside on the lower section? Or anywhere else for that matter.
Ted
Old 04-25-2014, 02:59 PM

Well, long time no see but I'M BACK!!!

I will not bore everyone with how far behind I am on my car, a simple glance at the last post dates should be enough to make anyone shake they're head in disgust at my sloth.

That said, I'll answer TexHunter's question first: No, I never did remove the rear quarter interior plastics of my car. It's the one thing (and the dash itself) that I have not done. I don't recall exactly why, but it seemed it was in there by some convoluted scheme that involved seat belt re-tractors or connectors I couldn't reach.

That said I need to ask a question of anyone who has done a 92-93 SSP, and I am looking to find out if ANYONE has a pic of their engine build sticker that lives on the side of the passenger side valve cover?!

I accidentally erased half the writing on mine when I was cleaning it, and now I want to replace it but I need accurate info. My car is an AOD car, not a stick. I found a site that sells most of the under the hood stickers, and they have one for my year car that specifically seems to state it is for an AOD car vs a 6speed one. It has some of the same markings or lettering that mine has.

Do you suppose there is only that sticker that denotes one or the other for these cars? And that there is no real differentiation between the street GT V-8 engine and the police one? I always thought there were some differences, albeit maybe minor, internally to the SSP engines but I know I could be wrong as it is not a new sensation for me.

Hope all has been well with you guys.

Oh, and TxHunter: I see you found documentation for your dk. blue 89 LSP SSp, I say a hearty CONGRATS! Those are rare as hen's teeth. I think they only bought either 6 or 12 of them, and a couple of them met with bad ends while still under LSP usage. My partner bought two wrecked ones to get the drive trains back in 89-91 or so. I see yours was sent off to St. Tammany Parish SO as well. I think my 91 CVPI dk. blue, which I know was a LSP one, was also sold to St. Tammany around 1994 or so. So we have kindred stories.

Thanks to anyone who could provide that pic of the valve cover sticker.