Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
It looks great Bill...attached is the photo I took of it at the Ferndale Emergency Vehicle show in August that's held in conjunction with the Woodward Dream Cruise. Did they strip off their Department emblems from the passenger side door? How'd they treat the inside when they pulled their radio and laptop assembly out? I'm kind of surprised they left all those lights, but then again alot of departments seem to get lazy taking the time to remove items. Enjoy!
Thanks Mike! I love that photograph.

They removed their emblem from the passenger door, and there is a very slight outline of it in the paint despite their efforts to buff out the door. The inside isn't too badly beat up. Here's the interior set-up they had while in-service:

They removed the laptop and mount, the radio, the radar unit on the dash, and the video system that was located where the factory radio once sat. I had an OEM Shaker 500 radio from Debbie's vert, so Jack put that in over the weekend (I assisted him! ) They left the controller for the light stick, which is located along the toggles by the shifter. The toggles work the LED's. The interior has holes and is banged up a bit, which I expected. I tossed the seat cover in the trunk during the first fill-up. They had added a vinyl strip where the seat was worn through, so something on the drivers' (plural - they had two officers assigned to the car) duty belt really trashed the seat.

In talking with the department prior to coming out there, they said that they would remove all of the equipment that they could re-use in another vehicle, but they didn't want to incur too much additional expense getting the car ready for sale. They felt more comfortable leaving the lights in the car knowing that I had another collector copcar. I sent them the link to my car in the Members' SSP Section, and that made them feel much better about selling me the Mustang. I am really happy with the purchase. I elected to have the transmission serviced, so it's still in the shop as of this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Crazy thing is that I remember that car from Gorno when I was working at Woodhaven Stamping! Cool to see the car out. Too bad it wasn't totally decommissioned when you got it.
For the price (as compared to buying a privately-owned GT), I can't complain about having to work on it a bit.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!