Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaspony87 View Post
I am having trouble keeping my mouth shut..... but I will.
Ditto!
2008 P71
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1986 NHP
Old 04-07-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Now knowing just how rare this car is, particularly for the condition it is in...it would have to make it somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k to be worth my while to sell it now. Otherwise I'll probably hang onto it and slowly restore it just to sell it for a whole lot more down the road.

G G G

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
G G G

I knew that was coming sooner or later.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 04-08-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Now knowing just how rare this car is, particularly for the condition it is in...it would have to make it somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k to be worth my while to sell it now. Otherwise I'll probably hang onto it and slowly restore it just to sell it for a whole lot more down the road.
Anyone that didn't see that coming needs an eye exam. Doug
Old 04-09-2007, 05:25 PM

So what are you all implying?

I come in here as a new member and you guys jump down my throat for anything less than a full restoration (technically, you jumped down my throat before I was even a registered member). You convince me this is quite a rare pony, it will be worth tons of money, don't touch a thing, etc etc. Then you state I should think about selling it if I want a track car AND that there are members here who will buy it.

So instead of "hacking" this car apart, I decide to do the right thing and see if a buyer wants to take this off my hands. Do you honestly think I wouldn't ask top dollar for the car?

I didn't join this site to sell this car.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:

I come in here as a new member and you guys jump down my throat for anything less than a full restoration (technically, you jumped down my throat before I was even a registered member). You convince me this is quite a rare pony, it will be worth tons of money, don't touch a thing, etc etc. Then you state I should think about selling it if I want a track car AND that there are members here who will buy it.

So instead of "hacking" this car apart, I decide to do the right thing and see if a buyer wants to take this off my hands. Do you honestly think I wouldn't ask top dollar for the car?

There is nothing wrong with wanting to make a little bit of money off the car. But selling it for almost twice what you paid for it, is not right in my opinion. Maybe $4000, but $6000 when paid around $3500 just isn't right.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 04-09-2007, 05:44 PM

You have a buyer that was willing to pay you 4K for it as is and that is about what it is worth at the time being. If the car were properly restored then that is another story. No one is trying to dump on you at all. We would rather see this car restored as it is in all one piece now and would make a perfect restore. The car is all numbers matching and that is very hard to find now. All anyone is trying to tell you is that the car should be restored as there were 50 of them originally sold to FHP.

I wish you the best of luck. Just don't think that the car the way it sits will bring 6K t won't.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:

First thing junior.......you got ripped when people read your BS on 4EP about hacking the car. Here at OUR site (unlike 4EP) when people talk about hacking an ssp they get there eyes gouged out.....so if you want to hack an ssp get used to people here "jumping down your throat".

If you recognize the car is rare and deserves to be restored then great, we have accomplished something. Yes the car will be worth tons of money, after you spend another 5 to 8 k on it getting the car finished.

I think you bought the car cheap, threatened to hack it up on 4EP which got our attention, then joined the site, then dangled the car in front of us as possibly being for sale, then greed got the best of you. Top dollar for your car now is 5 k depending on the condition. I offered to buy your car and waited for you to call, (you didn't). 6500.00 is more than the car is worth, ESPECIALLY now.

You are not the first person to claim to be "doing the right thing" as you try to make a huge profit on something because you know people here will be interested. We have been there and done that. Ultimately the car is yours and you can do what you want with it. If you choose to hack it don't expect any support from anyone here. If you choose to sell it hopefully you can find a buyer that will preserve the car.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-09-2007, 07:56 PM
UASSP

Amen Jim! We are the people that know the value of these cars. Does he honestly think anyone outside the group that could give a !@#$ about SSP's would actually give him the 6k he now wants? Going back a few posts, ignorant seems to fit. Move on big fella. Don't come in to our ballpark and tell us how to play the game! I know that this is not the best way to make friends, but you should learn that we do things for each other for the preservation of the SSP Mustang. Crapping on each other is not one of them. This kind of !@#$%&^%# just gets me steamed. Here is some tissue.
Closed Thread