Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2007, 09:10 PM

I tend to get worked up when I read about other police officers being killed. For ten years I was a member of my departments honor guard and I attended many cop's funerals in that capacity. for years I was an instructor in the police academy, trying to teach new recruits about the dangers of the job. I am no longer in the honor guard, nor do I teach in the academy, now I am a supervisor of a squad of young inexperienced officers and yes I worry about their safety every day. I don't want to have to attend any of their funerals, or anyone elses for that matter. I know how easy it is to be complacent, or lazy, and get lax on the job, I know how quick things can go terribly wrong on the simpliest, or most routine of calls. Because of this experience maybe it effects me a little more than the guy that just pretends he is in police work. I am not really sure.

I took the time to post my thoughts on the other site and it was deleted because I used a word that is commonly used there, ( there is even a smiley with a banner with that word on it available for use there). My post was not directed at anyone on a web site, just at the cop-killers.

I believe that it was deleted simply because it was posted by me. I believe it was a personal shot, directed intentionally at me, and that is ok. Now I am the latest of a long line of core members at .org to say enough is enough and move on.

As for wanna be's and posers......here is my opinion. If you not a police officer don't put LEO in your internet profile to try and impress people. If you are not in the Fraternal Order of Police.....don't display an FOP emblem on your car to try and make others think you are affiliated with law enforcement. I have no problem with people collecting and owning retired police cars. I understand how enjoyable they are that is why I have the cars i do. My big issue is that I am offended by those that try to claim membership in Law Enforcement when they havn't paid their dues, done the job, and EARNED the right to be there. I know the members that are LEO understand why I feel this way. I hope that others can understand and not feel offended by my rant on this subject. It is not my intention to step on anyone's toes. I plan on participating here and hope that we can all enjoy the cars and each other.

oh and last but not least..... Andy you are a frigging riot bro !!!

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP