Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:18 AM

Just because I may be a little dense, but doesn't $15.5k seem a little low for an evoc car. Is it in bad shape? Is it just a soft market?

"You know, I think it was James Joyce who said that a genius makes no mistakes, that his errors are on purpose and they become the portholes of discovery, that's the kind of thing you say when you do something real stupid." Red Green
Old 06-14-2011, 08:31 AM

It depends on what you want in a car. I would rather have a patrol vehicle that saw service on the road. The evoc cars are an important piece of the SSP history but really don't do a whole lot for me.

With this particular car the seller tried convincing buyers early on that this car was the "most famous" ssp car of all time etc. simply because it was identified as one of the three Evoc mustangs that participated in the video that has been around for years. That particular part of the car's history carried alot of weight with the seller and his asking price of 22k reflected his opinion. If I remember correctly he simply bought the car, kept it awhile while doing some very minor things to the car, then tried to flip it for a huge profit. Apparently nobody was willing to take the leap.

IMHO 15.5k was a fair price given the condition and history of the car. I hope the newest owner enjoys the car.

We all know about the seller in California trying to sell another EVOC car for 50k. That car has been beat to death also but he thinks it is something special due to it's history. In the end these cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Which mecum auction was it at where it pulled 15k? I like watching the commentary on particular cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH View Post
I have an account there and it did sell for $15,500. Seller had to pay fees out of that final price too.
92 ssp Kansas Highway Patrol #270(1 of 7) sold
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
It depends on what you want in a car. I would rather have a patrol vehicle that saw service on the road. The evoc cars are an important piece of the SSP history but really don't do a whole lot for me.

With this particular car the seller tried convincing buyers early on that this car was the "most famous" ssp car of all time etc. simply because it was identified as one of the three Evoc mustangs that participated in the video that has been around for years. That particular part of the car's history carried alot of weight with the seller and his asking price of 22k reflected his opinion. If I remember correctly he simply bought the car, kept it awhile while doing some very minor things to the car, then tried to flip it for a huge profit. Apparently nobody was willing to take the leap.

IMHO 15.5k was a fair price given the condition and history of the car. I hope the newest owner enjoys the car.

We all know about the seller in California trying to sell another EVOC car for 50k. That car has been beat to death also but he thinks it is something special due to it's history. In the end these cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer1 View Post
Which mecum auction was it at where it pulled 15k? I like watching the commentary on particular cars.
Crossed the block when they were not broadcasting. See below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSP.jpg (192.6 KB, 64 views)

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Old 06-14-2011, 09:26 PM

Thankyou !
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 06-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Let me see yer war face!

I seem to recognize this car

I can tell you this, after John bought the car from me he sank a lot of money into it. He had a lot of work done to it to get it back to original. 15k would be a steal if you just considered how much is in this car. I know, I know. You never get it back out once you put it in but there is way more than 22k in this car. Looks really good though.