Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:01 PM

Default 1990 Santa Clara DA SSP Mustang For Sale (Houston, TX)

1990 Santa Clara DA SSP Mustang For Sale (Houston, TX)
Price: $7800
Cabernet Red
105K Original Miles
VIN# 1FACP40E1LF201859
Link to VIN Project http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info201859.htm
Texas Title in Hand

The time has come to sell the SSP. I have owned this car for 6 years. During this time, it has been garage kept, and driven once a week around my neighborhood. It is in really good, unrestored condition and starts immediately, runs and shifts well. Everything else works as well. The only work that has been performed is to replace the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets, which were leaking when I originally purchased the car. I have flushed the coolant system and regularly changed the oil using Motorcraft FL-300 Filters and Mobil One Synthetic Motor Oil. I have also replaced the fuel filter. The car is ready to drive immediately.

It has been recorded in the Mustang SSP Registry and Buck Tags are intact, located behind the left headlight.

Prior to my ownership, the car was modified to be a “Mass Tribute Car”. This included a K1000 radar unit with front and rear guns, scanner, wig wag headlights, rear deck strobes and a rifle rack in the trunk. All of the equipment works with exception of the scanner which is installed but not wired.

Although I have considered restoring the SSP back to “in-service” configuration as used by the Santa Clara District Attorney Office, I have not had the time to do so. That being said, I did start to acquire parts to return it to its in-service configuration, starting with a replacement dash from another 1990 mustang, which I will include with the car. (The only reason to swap the dash would be to get rid of the holes that were drilled in the dashboard to mount the equipment.)

Regarding items that may need attention:
1. Airbag light blinks. The code reports that one of the front safing sensors is reporting an error. This could be an issue with mounting to the vehicle ground or a connector issue. Either way, I have a full set of matching air bag components from another 1990 mustang, including another airbag, all safing sensors and airbag control units which I will include with the car.
2. The Heater Core has a leak in it. I have bypassed the heater core (and flushed and filled coolant) so there are no engine cooling issues. Only issue is that the car does not have heat. The AC, fortunately, blows cold.

There is nothing forcing me to sell the car. As a matter of fact, I have loved owning this car. The only reason I am considering selling it is that I don’t have the time to work on it or drive it more often than once a week. It’s time to let it move on to its next “custodian”. Would love for it to go to someone who can appreciate its heritage.

Contact me at nghatalia40@gmail.com

Old 07-26-2015, 08:38 AM

'Nice looking SSP - GLWS!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
'Nice looking SSP - GLWS!
+1

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 07-29-2015, 01:15 PM

Vehicle has been sold.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:22 AM

Now listed on eBay -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Ford-M...-/173916477583

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 06-15-2019, 10:59 AM

I like that color, although I imagine it is a bit polarizing.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/