Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:11 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkSVT View Post
the radar that was used in that car is going to be expensive too.
I will prob just buy one on ebay...you can usually pick them up rather cheap. Only problem is I can not tell for sure whay kind it was based on the pics. They removed the radar unit before they took the interior photos at the body shop / tow yard. Based on the antenna I am guessing it is a MPH K55 though.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 12-27-2011, 09:15 AM

its not an mph unit. ill get back to you later on it
Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 PM

I stand corrected. It WAS a MPH unit. It was the BEE system with dual antennas according to the trooper who drove it.

http://policeradar.net/mph_radar.htm
Old 12-28-2011, 12:26 AM
It is what it is.

Quote:
I stand corrected. It WAS a MPH unit. It was the BEE system with dual antennas according to the trooper who drove it.

http://policeradar.net/mph_radar.htm
Thanks....did you get that info in an email by chance? If so I would love to have it to add to the info book.

If so let me know and I will PM you my email address.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 AM

no email sorry. It was via phone conversation I had with him while I was at work. He is now a Lt. in the FHP
Old 12-28-2011, 06:11 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
no email sorry. It was via phone conversation I had with him while I was at work. He is now a Lt. in the FHP
Okay, thanks. I may try to email or call him at some point. I am just curious if he remembers correctly...at least on the rear anntena. None of the accident pics or tow yard pics show one. I guess it is possible it came flying off during the crash. I will check the rear deck for extra holes but if it was mounted to the headliner I am out of luck as the original is long gone.

Thanks again for the info.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 12-28-2011, 06:20 PM

He thought it was mounted on the rear package shelf but you will not find evidence of it. I looked. Im not so sure it ever was really there. There was nothing on the headliner.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:05 AM
It is what it is.

Quote:
He thought it was mounted on the rear package shelf but you will not find evidence of it. I looked. Im not so sure it ever was really there. There was nothing on the headliner.
Okay, thanks!

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM
It is what it is.

Well after looking over the package tray I did find two unusal holes. I found the four from the rear deck lights, but next the driver side deck light I found two additional holes. They are at an angle so maybe this could have been where a rear antenna was mounted?

I will try and post a pic soon. But does anyone know for sure if the FHP they own had a rear antenna and if so where are your mounting holes? are they at an angle?

I am still thinking at the time of the accident it did not have a rear antenna based on the pictures. But since the entire radar was removed while waiting for repairs I guess it would be possible that when it was replaced a rear antenna was added.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 PM
It is what it is.

Well today was the day. We went and pulled her out of storage today. Hooked the negative cable back up and fired up on the first try!

So I ran her downtown and had the out of state inspection done finally, so now I can DD for the summer. One thing and the only thing I did before storing her was I put a Steeda Tri Ax shifter in it. Clutch cable is shot so I had already ordered a Steeda adjustable one while she was in storage...that will be the first thing I do. Last thing it needs for now is an alignment. Once those issues are addressed she will be used quiet a bit.

Future plans are this winter to pull the motor and re-gasket the entire engine and take care of all those PIA 302 leaks. Plus change out a few items like timing chain and oil pump to keep her healthy. Engine bay does not look bad so I will probably leave it alone other than cleaning it up. I have already aquired NOS quarter windows, a JSS controler, a like new VASCAR unit, MICOR set up with NOS speaker and mic, and a few other odds and ends.

So here are a few pics fresh out of storage and with no bath.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS