Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Speaking of facts,

I just read through your updated FHP document. Do you know where I can find some rubber bands for my Jetsonic?
As a matter of fact, I do.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspmustang View Post
Good, then that means you won't feel the need to comment in the future.
You are the one who actually commented....I just answered someone's question (Where is Tom Tate?).

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 06-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspmustang View Post
As a matter of fact, I do.
For the misinformed:

Here is a pic of the rotator assembly and motor from a Jetsonic. The drive gear from the motor is almost 2 feet away from the furthest set of driven rotator gears, which obviously do not run on rubber bands, nor could they ever (they are chain-driven). Not to mention, you have to completely disassemble the bar to get to these components.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2002.JPG (49.3 KB, 68 views)

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Resident Geezer

If you two don't play nice I'm going to make you sit on the couch and hold hands for 30 minutes. Enough already - move on.

'89 FHP Unit # 435 (Deceased)
'89 FHP Unit # 1526 Troop H (Madison)SOLD 12/3/13
'89 SCHP Marked Unit # 2-12-80 SOLD 6/21/15
'88 SCHP Unmarked Unit # 2-12-23 SOLD 9/3/12
'90 MSHP Marked Unit # P-162 Plate # 642-HP SOLD 12/17/11
'88 MSHP Marked Unit # P-162 Plate # 642
Old 06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmrkd View Post
If you two don't play nice I'm going to make you sit on the couch and hold hands for 30 minutes. Enough already - move on.
My apologies, Gregg, and to anyone else who was offended (including Mike).

The rubber band comment, along with several other inaccuracies posted in that FHP document, have bothered me for awhile (actually since it was originally put online last year). The fact that the information wasn't changed is one of the reasons why this website even exists.

No one person is right 100% of the time. I do feel that we have a responsibility to put out the best, most correct information that we can, in an effort to help others who are learning about these cars, or trying to actually restore one. Misinformation, such as this rubber band nonsense, does nothing to help further our cause and only serves to hurt what we've worked so hard to achieve.

Ok...I'm now moving on.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Resident Geezer

Response duly noted and appreciated. Thank you.

'89 FHP Unit # 435 (Deceased)
'89 FHP Unit # 1526 Troop H (Madison)SOLD 12/3/13
'89 SCHP Marked Unit # 2-12-80 SOLD 6/21/15
'88 SCHP Unmarked Unit # 2-12-23 SOLD 9/3/12
'90 MSHP Marked Unit # P-162 Plate # 642-HP SOLD 12/17/11
'88 MSHP Marked Unit # P-162 Plate # 642
Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 AM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I'll shine some more realistic light....

The guys over at FEP, for the most part, do not care that the car is an SSP. What the guy did is come to a website that does care, proceed to tell everyone what he paid, and then try to flip the car for a quick profit. IIRC, people here offered to buy the car for a reasonable return on the guys' investment, but he declined. I wish him well on his sale, but I don't see it selling very quickly at the price he has it listed at.

What he's doing isn't that much different than the guy who paid $5 for the '85-'86 centercaps. $2k is a big difference in 2 months. Just my humble opinion.

There isn't a huge market for an '84 FHP, either.
Mike, you are right for the most part about FEP but there are a lot of purists there...just not SSP purists.

To be fair, the guy did NOT come here to flip the car....he did come here but the way I saw things go down was that everyone expressed to him how rare the car was and how he should not modify it....at THAT time he threw a price out and at that time he really didn't intend to sell it. To be fair...it's a natural reaction for a human being after being told how rare/valuable a car is to name a higher price when asked to sell instead of keep and modify.

I'll agree that he may have a hard time selling the car....'84 models just aren't that desireable and the only reason this one is to some is because of it's history. I think realistically the car is worth $4,000...maybe $4500 as it sits....and that may be a different story if he is not including all the NOS parts that he got with the car.

You can't really compare him fairly to the guy with the center caps because the guy with the caps bought them with the sole intention of reselling them....this guy bought the car because he wanted it and wanted one to modify....not to just flip it. It was only after he was read the riot act that he even put a price on it in the first place.....as for the sale at this time, who knows why he put it up for sale but it should be obvious to him that he is not going to sell it quickly for the money he is asking.

No, you are right...there is not a huge market for the 84 FHP's....but what little market there is right now doesn't exactly have a lot of choices should someone desire to own one.

Now I don't have a stake in or don't really care about the car or what he sells or does not sell it for....but I do see both sides of this whole scenario having watched it unfold. I did for a short time consider buying that car when I saw it on ebay but only to clean it up and resell it to make a little money since it was so cheap....I wonder if I had how I would have been treated because my intent would have been to save the car from the wrong hands AND make myself a few bucks which I can't see anything wrong with since we are in America. You have to sit back and look at the situation as it unfolded for what it is....there is blame for everyone here to a certain extent, nobody involved is lilly white.....and there is nothing wrong with that, it's life but you have to be realistic and honest about the whole thing.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
Mike, you are right for the most part about FEP but there are a lot of purists there...just not SSP purists.

To be fair, the guy did NOT come here to flip the car....he did come here but the way I saw things go down was that everyone expressed to him how rare the car was and how he should not modify it....at THAT time he threw a price out and at that time he really didn't intend to sell it. To be fair...it's a natural reaction for a human being after being told how rare/valuable a car is to name a higher price when asked to sell instead of keep and modify.

I'll agree that he may have a hard time selling the car....'84 models just aren't that desireable and the only reason this one is to some is because of it's history. I think realistically the car is worth $4,000...maybe $4500 as it sits....and that may be a different story if he is not including all the NOS parts that he got with the car.

You can't really compare him fairly to the guy with the center caps because the guy with the caps bought them with the sole intention of reselling them....this guy bought the car because he wanted it and wanted one to modify....not to just flip it. It was only after he was read the riot act that he even put a price on it in the first place.....as for the sale at this time, who knows why he put it up for sale but it should be obvious to him that he is not going to sell it quickly for the money he is asking.

No, you are right...there is not a huge market for the 84 FHP's....but what little market there is right now doesn't exactly have a lot of choices should someone desire to own one.

Now I don't have a stake in or don't really care about the car or what he sells or does not sell it for....but I do see both sides of this whole scenario having watched it unfold. I did for a short time consider buying that car when I saw it on ebay but only to clean it up and resell it to make a little money since it was so cheap....I wonder if I had how I would have been treated because my intent would have been to save the car from the wrong hands AND make myself a few bucks which I can't see anything wrong with since we are in America. You have to sit back and look at the situation as it unfolded for what it is....there is blame for everyone here to a certain extent, nobody involved is lilly white.....and there is nothing wrong with that, it's life but you have to be realistic and honest about the whole thing.
Paul,

Glad we can agree. $4000-$4500 IMHO as well.

BTW, the guy with the center caps needed 4 for his car (1986 CSP), then sold the rest of the ones he found for crazy prices. He didn't buy them soley to resell.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
The original conversation started here because the guy posted on 4ep he had the car and was going to mod it. on 4ep the membership (ncluding moderators), promote, and commend their members who take pristine, low option, or otherwise rare cars and mod them beyond return. the guy was told when he bought the car how rare it was and WHAT it was. he didn't just learn that by accident, he learned it from Tom Tate. he is selling the car because he respects its heritage and has realized it needs to be restored, part of which he learned by the "reception" he got here. i will admit I went a litle overboard on him at first but I was responding in general to the situation due to my experience with the "Hackership" policies at 4ep.

bottom line the car is for sale. it needs to be saved and if it isn't then when it eventually gets hacked and raced we won't have the right to bitch about it.
as for him selling it, he has a right to ask what he wants, and we have a right to have an opinion about his motives. If I had the cash I would have the car, but it is out of the question for me right now. ANYONE that wants to buy this car can store it in my building until you are ready to work on it, (if space is an issue) Bernie are you listening??????????

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 06-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
The original conversation started here because the guy posted on 4ep he had the car and was going to mod it. on 4ep the membership (ncluding moderators), promote, and commend their members who take pristine, low option, or otherwise rare cars and mod them beyond return. the guy was told when he bought the car how rare it was and WHAT it was. he didn't just learn that by accident, he learned it from Tom Tate. he is selling the car because he respects its heritage and has realized it needs to be restored, part of which he learned by the "reception" he got here. i will admit I went a litle overboard on him at first but I was responding in general to the situation due to my experience with the "Hackership" policies at 4ep.

bottom line the car is for sale. it needs to be saved and if it isn't then when it eventually gets hacked and raced we won't have the right to bitch about it.
as for him selling it, he has a right to ask what he wants, and we have a right to have an opinion about his motives. If I had the cash I would have the car, but it is out of the question for me right now. ANYONE that wants to buy this car can store it in my building until you are ready to work on it, (if space is an issue) Bernie are you listening??????????

Very nicely said (I almost see an apology to the guy in there, too).

Let's hope someone buys it.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Closed Thread