Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:25 PM

for me the decision to sell cars was easy. here are my reasons.

1. I had too many cars and realized I just didn't want to restore them all.

2. I experienced somewhat of a loss of interest in the "group, camaraderie,
aspect due to the actions of a few individuals. (nobody here) To the point
that I strongly considered not participating in group events (shows).
Stepping away from those scenarios was the best thing to do. I still have
not signed up for Alabama.

3. I wanted to free up funds to buy the Gt500.

4. I wanted to free up funds for the camper to allow enjoyment of other
hobbies.

all that said I still have plenty of SSP cars (7)to keep me busy for awhile.

The day will come when I start selling a bunch of the extra parts but I have no interest in doing any of that at this time.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 01-18-2009, 08:40 AM

Default Keep it

I like these cars for their history (and their fun to drive) so I wont sell mine. The only part thats hard is keeping myself from buying another. I dont know how long I can hold out on that, I have considered selling the Bulllitt for another one but fortunately no one's buying.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:14 PM

I keep things a long time and after awhile they are part of the family.
when Blood Sweat AND Tears are part of the deal you tend to be attached to it.
Parts search/ mechanical repair/ body & paint/ housing/ insurance for 18+ years!
Not to beat a dead horse on the topic of flippers but the (manweasle) that bought my car
approached me about selling it. Lied to me because he knew i would not sell the car
to just anyone.Some would say that the end justifies the means so bottom line is
he said what I needed to hear in order to buy the car...... what comes around goes around.
I refer to all of my cars by the name of the last owner (if i knew them) Tommy's car Ron's car
the Mayors car... I show them respect as an honored guest in my garage.
Allot a people Don't understand this ......it's just a car! If you farm out all of your projects
and don't break a finger or bleed a little in the restoration then your DNA is not on the project
just because you signed the check to the engine builder... body man or who ever did your
project for you you are more then likely NOT a Car Guy just a car salesman in the end.
and selling it is easy........after all it's just a car.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:48 AM

There are many reasons to sell a car, priorities change, loss of income or the loss of a garage space. The problem I have, as apparently do others here is when someone exploits the information on this site, the resources of some of the members here to acquire hard to find parts, when they have no intentions of keeping the car. Some may say that at least the car is being preserved, and that is true but by the same token it prevents someone that has limited income, the opportunity to own the car at a reasonable price. My .02

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP813 View Post
There are many reasons to sell a car, priorities change, loss of income or the loss of a garage space. The problem I have, as apparently do others here is when someone exploits the information on this site, the resources of some of the members here to acquire hard to find parts, when they have no intentions of keeping the car. Some may say that at least the car is being preserved, and that is true but by the same token it prevents someone that has limited income, the opportunity to own the car at a reasonable price. My .02
That's one of the downsides to having all these resources in a pubic arena like websites. Almost anybody is an instant member of the club with access to pretty much everything whereas in the not so olden days, this stuff was generally shared only between people who belonged to formal clubs or associations through newsletters, meetings and events and private correspondence only available to dues paying members in good standing. Sometimes the price you pay for being instantly welcoming to everybody on the web is that a few interlopers will slip in and take advantage. But it also happens to traditional clubs as Andy pointed out, it just that it takes more skillful face-to-face decit to pull off.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/