Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustang Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM

As part of Tom's auction information, we found 3 Texas DPS Mustangs from the 1991 model year:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info140239.htm
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info140241.htm
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info140242.htm

I wonder what might have happened to those rare cars? They are part of an 11-car CUN batch of VINs, and only the last 9 cars came back with records on the Texas DMV website.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
28HopUp
This message has been deleted by 28HopUp. Reason: we pruned out some cars
Old 03-10-2013, 10:45 PM
VIN guru

I put some "want ads" out on various craigslists looking for info about SSPs that might still be on the road today. Got a hit on a 1986 FBI unit!

Somebody that knew of the car, who also purportedly is a multi-SSP owner, sent me a pic of the lower left corner of the window sticker and told a previous owner of the car about the ad I put up. The previous owner contacted me and gave me his phone number so I called him and chatted a bit. He sold it a couple of years ago, and still keeps in contact with the current owner. Hopefully I can get some more info on it.

Bill put up a page for the car here: http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info267059.htm
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM

Mick, that is incredible that you found this car! Not only did you track down a range of likely SSPs that nobody knew about, but you were able to find a car through your CL posting. AWESOME! Hopefully, you will be able to find more like this. In terms of this car, if it looks like all 32 cars from the batch were ordered by the same dealer, then I suspect it would be worth ordering Marti Reports for the first and last cars in the batch so we could confirm all 32 cars.

Again, NICE JOB!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 AM

This is one of the coolest things I've heard all year... I'd love to own an '86 FBI coupe
Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Admin

Good stuff.

Bill/Mick, other than what's in the pic, did you get any confirmation that the '86 is an SSP?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM
VIN guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Mick, that is incredible that you found this car! Not only did you track down a range of likely SSPs that nobody knew about, but you were able to find a car through your CL posting. AWESOME! Hopefully, you will be able to find more like this. In terms of this car, if it looks like all 32 cars from the batch were ordered by the same dealer, then I suspect it would be worth ordering Marti Reports for the first and last cars in the batch so we could confirm all 32 cars.

Again, NICE JOB!
Event date.......Location......Details
06/XX/1986.......MO............VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER

That's on every one of them.

I have a couple more "info wanted" ads for some in the same batch. We'll see if I get any more hits.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 AM
VIN guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Good stuff.

Bill/Mick, other than what's in the pic, did you get any confirmation that the '86 is an SSP?
I did not get any more info but I'm working on it. The previous owner that I talked to on the phone said he might have some auction paperwork on his home PC. I told him I was also looking for a pic of the door tag and buck tags, and he said he would contact the current owner and see if he would share that.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
I did not get any more info but I'm working on it. The previous owner that I talked to on the phone said he might have some auction paperwork on his home PC. I told him I was also looking for a pic of the door tag and buck tags, and he said he would contact the current owner and see if he would share that.
Cool....I'm interested in seeing if that batch is a consecutively numbered group of SSPs or if it's a set of special ordered DSO 83 cars.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 03-11-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Good stuff.

I included these VINs in my next batch of 10 Marti Reports, ordered today. Once they come in, then we'll know for sure if they are SSPs or not (unless Mick receives more pictures). If we jumped the gun on calling them SSPs, it will be easy enough to remedy.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I included these VINs in my next batch of 10 Marti Reports, ordered today. Once they come in, then we'll know for sure if they are SSPs or not (unless Mick receives more pictures). If we jumped the gun on calling them SSPs, it will be easy enough to remedy.
They may be SSPs. The FBI ordered both civilian and package cars, and sometimes both in the same year.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS