Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 PM
...Gathering Parts

Secret Weapon? Really?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Secret Weapon? Really?
Really more like old news....desperation breeds stupidity.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP959(R) View Post
I started that thread wanting to know what they were defining over there as 'clown' cars. It's gone quite a ways past that though.
Jim, it's amazing how a thread can start out one way and take another turn. IMO, your inquiry on CCdC really dovetailed nicely into the conversation that ensued. It needed to be said, and your thread just got caught up in the momemtum.

Concerning NoDrama's first post in your CCdC thread, perhaps I erred in not being more vocal about one aspect of being banned at ORG last week. How does the saying go? "All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing".

So let me publicaly state here that after questioning the ORG staff's decision to scuttle the discussion on (ir)responsible use of old police cars in the eyes of the public, I then became the latest to receive the infamous PM from DJP55 containing half-truths about NoDrama in an attempt to soil his reputation. I privately condemned the pathetic act to both David and Riley, and was banned (my account settings were stripped) shortly thereafter.

Shame on me for not being more vocal about such childish actions by members of the ORG staff.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 AM
...Gathering Parts

Looks like there is a line of people trying to get in to read that post at CCdC. I can tell that there is bad blood out there between the two groups and when things get posted at CCdC, people try to get into that secured site and if they are a problem child, they don't make it. Too bad that's the way that goes sometime in this hobby. I'm sure that we can find half truths on many people which is simply conjecture and not fact.

I think that the discussion was right on!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:15 AM

Bill I appreciate you stepping up and identifying the conduct but I will go further because it is time for EVERYONE to know........

David Philipkoski is famous for his perverted attempts to assassinate my character. He has sent that email with links attached to numerous people, whom then suddenly realize he is a pathetic wannabe simpleton that thinks he can rule the hobby with his wallet, his contest give aways, and buying dinners for everyone at the show. He sent the same email to me on new years eve 2009 with personal comments about my family etc. In that email he also made reference to "everybody" at .org having seen it etc. That night I just figured he was drunk out of his mind and acting a fool.

Now recently it has been discovered he is sending this information out regularly to new members. He is now also eluding that I have wronged Gregg Henderson, and Mike Morrison is some fashion. These comments by David are simply lies and another effort to impugn my character. The best part is he has been stupid enough to put it in writing. He must have bought his degree in Rocket Science at Walmart. He also did this PRIOR to Imevil banning HWNeil for his conduct and rapacious commentary at .org. This was nothing more than another secret personal attack on me.

In closing I want to say that I have ALWAYS given David the credit for good things he has done, but I will also ALWAYS expose him for his actions that cause us ridicule and embarrassment. I will not stand by and let him attack my character in secret because he thinks I am embarrassed by his so called "information". I know the ENTIRE truth about the situation and I sleep very well at night. I have NOTHING to hide from anyone.

Regardless of the latest events, I will continue to defend this hobby and police our members that do stupid things. I will continue to enjoy the cars and the friends I have on BOTH .ORG and .NET. Most importantly I am assuredly going to start attending shows. I would be willing to bet David won't have much to say to my face !

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 PM

Instead of apologizing, let's start a "pity party". This was just posted over on .org.

Title: Word say's all

Ridicule (in large black type)

RidŽi`cule
n. 1. An object of sport or laughter; a laughingstock; a laughing matter.
2. Remarks concerning a subject or a person designed to excite laughter with a degree of contempt; wit of that species which provokes contemptuous laughter; disparagement by making a person an object of laughter; banter; - a term lighter than derision.
We have in great measure restricted the meaning of ridicule, which would properly extend over whole region of the ridiculous, - the laughable, - and we have narrowed it so that in common usage it mostly corresponds to "derision", which does indeed involve personal and offensive feelings.
3. Quality of being ridiculous; ridiculousness.
v. t. 1. To laugh at mockingly or disparagingly; to awaken ridicule toward or respecting.

Neil G

http://public.fotki.com/hwneil/

Member Mustang club of America

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 PM

That word fits him well. He is a Laughing stock. He should embrace it. He is a disgrace.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Looks like there is a line of people trying to get in to read that post at CCdC. I can tell that there is bad blood out there between the two groups and when things get posted at CCdC, people try to get into that secured site and if they are a problem child, they don't make it. Too bad that's the way that goes sometime in this hobby. I'm sure that we can find half truths on many people which is simply conjecture and not fact.

I think that the discussion was right on!
Greg,

There isn't any bad blood between "groups", only personal differences between several individuals. Every time an issue comes up, the staff at ORG tries to turn it into a NET v/s ORG battle. It isn't. I have friends here, just like I have friends over there. The difference is, I will ASSOCIATE with anyone who is a member here, until they give (or provide) a reason for me not to. Usually, that coincides with them giving me a reason for them to no longer be a member here as well. There are several people, who are members of ORG, that I will NOT associate with. You know, from being around LE for so many years, that perception is reality and that we are held to a higher standard. Many don't agree with it, but it's just another sacrifice (albeit a small one) that those of us who choose this line of work have to deal with.

Someone here posted up something about the Dallas show that hit home (I think it was Ray). It was something to the effect of "Jim D has some great activities planned for the group. I don't know Jim D. personally, but I did meet and talk with him for about 5 minutes on the Sunday following the show. He seemed like a nice enough guy. He had a tour planned of the Dallas PD, EVOC course, and helo unit on the first day of the show. It was nice of him to do so, and I'm sure those that went had fun, but I didn't see the relevance of a visit to the Dallas PD during a Mustang show. The PD didn't use Mustangs, had no connection with the cars, and weren't at the show. I started thinking, though, about this "group" mentality, and about how certain people over on ORG like to throw out that we don't participate in things here.

My conclusion is that there is no "group". That's like saying that ALL owners of Boss 302s should hang out together at every Mustang show. It doesn't happen. I'm all for camaraderie and having fun and I will hang out with the people I want to socialize with. Obviously then, I won't hang out with those who I choose not to associate with. Does that make me a bad person? A non-participant? I don't think so. Personally, I can walk into just about any PD I want to whenever (for work), I'm already an EVOC instructor and have been one for years, and I used to work part-time out of a helicopter for the PD I worked for (I even have probably 10 hours or so of undocumented flight time). Is this bragging? I don't think so. It's just the truth. I'd rather go see an unrestored Boss 429, or any number of other cool cars, at the show (which is what I did), than tour a PD, especially with someone (DJP) that I don't need to be around.

As for this week's events, let me say this. Anyone who thinks that driving down the shoulder of a highway in front of who-knows-how-many people in an SSP is a good idea, well, they don't belong here. Here is the original, unedited post:

I'll take it a step farther. Anyone who thinks that going back to the hotel after a show, and sitting around your SSPs with lights flashing is OK doesn't belong here either.

This isn't "cool" or "neat", surely isn't professional, and is extremely embarrassing. I'm sick of hearing and reading about unprofessional activity at the shows, and seeing pictures of some of the asinine antics that go on, some of which are actively PROMOTED by certain members over on ORG. Riley and Philipkoski not only participate in some of this same activity, they do absolutely nothing to stop or modify it. They missed a great opportunity to educate Neil about his actions in the post above, but instead they chose to sweep it under the rug, then to ban Bill Jr. for no reason other than PRIVATELY questioning them. This was while, at the same time, Philipkoski was sending out PMs to people running down Nodrama (yet again) about information that we already know. Remember the higher standard mentioned above?? Does anyone honestly think I'd let someone moderate here who did that? Or that the PD would give him back his gun and badge?? He works for the SAME PD...this guy has stayed at my house before. He may piss people off sometimes, but come on....we all do. Seriously....are we back in grade school again? The actions of randomly sending out disparaging PMs are as despicable as they are cowardly; sorta like banning someone without having the gumption to tell them (Mike R.). Or claiming you're a cop when you aren't (Mike R.).

This site is about the MUSTANGS. Not about individual EGOS and those who want to live out their unfulfilled aspirations to be police officers. Anyone here who thinks otherwise, or thinks that any of the activity outlined above is OK, feel free to PM me and I will take care of deleting your account. I'll take quality over quantity 7-days a week.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 PM

Here is the follow up post from .org (still defending his shoulder driving)

To my fellow members of SSMOA and this website,

As many of you know A recent flood of negative comments have been made towards myself and other members of this orginization. I want to publicly declare that I did nothing wrong as has tried to be portrayed by persons only wanting to stir hate and discontent in our Hobby. The catalyst for this torrent of negative name calling /posts etc directed at me, David, Mike and anyone else that does not or did not buy into the misdirected/twisted posts/conversations that these persons have participated in or started on our site and .net. I have driven my SSP over 16000 miles since it's restoration all across the United States. I have never had a problem with any Law enforcement officials in my travels. I have driven to/ through Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennesee, Kentucky, Missouri, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Lousiana, Mississippi, Etc Etc Etc. I take it very personnal when any one person/group/orginization attacks my credibilty as a person and as a LEO. I have tried to stay quiet as long as I could in regards to this matter. I take great pride in belonging to this orginization SSMOA and the friendships that I have made here. It is easy for someone to RIDICULE another I guess when they know nothing about me as a person knor have they tried . I was banned from .net for trying to defend a personnal attack on myself for my post in regards to coming back from the Dallas show a couple of weeks ago. The person that started that attack is a moderator on .net. I hope those of you that know me do not buy into the B.S being posted on numerous sites by persons that I do not want to be associated with. We are all adults here and you make your own decisions who/what you want to believe. If anyone thinks that my actions to get a broken down car off of the highway by driving on the shoulder at approx 30 MPH with just my emergency flashers on with my friends car behind me to get service is innappropriate, I ask you to think about what you would do in the same situation. I do not want to start a dabate over whose wrong or whose right I just want the SSP community to thrive and not self destruct ourselves in the eyes of others in the Mustang community. Unfortunatly I can not defend myself on these other websites that are Flaming myself and other persons. My situation is not unique it is merely a small part of the dissention that has been building for along time. Anyone that would like to discuss this issue in an adult manner please P.M me and I will be glad to discuss in greater detail. Don't attack my character and not give me an outlet to respond IE Banned.

Neil Gory

Neil G

Last edited by hwneil; Today at 08:34 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH View Post
Instead of apologizing, let's start a "pity party". This was just posted over on .org.

Title: Word say's all

Ridicule (in large black type)

Rid´i`cule
n. 1. An object of sport or laughter; a laughingstock; a laughing matter.
2. Remarks concerning a subject or a person designed to excite laughter with a degree of contempt; wit of that species which provokes contemptuous laughter; disparagement by making a person an object of laughter; banter; - a term lighter than derision.
We have in great measure restricted the meaning of ridicule, which would properly extend over whole region of the ridiculous, - the laughable, - and we have narrowed it so that in common usage it mostly corresponds to "derision", which does indeed involve personal and offensive feelings.
3. Quality of being ridiculous; ridiculousness.
v. t. 1. To laugh at mockingly or disparagingly; to awaken ridicule toward or respecting.

Neil G

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Old 04-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH View Post
Here is the follow up post from .org (still defending his shoulder driving)
Thanks for posting. As a friend of mine likes to say, we are critical of the ACTIONS, not the person. It doesn't matter what kind of car it was, it's still wrong. x1000 when it's in an SSP. No "dabate" necessary.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Closed Thread