Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:22 PM

I just bought this one. It was local to me. It's definitely a chp car. Even has the Ford esp warranty card with it made out to the chp. It's actually in excellent shape. Good paint. Really 107k miles. The owner that I bought it from has owned it since the early 90s. He used it as a toy and occasionally a track car. The bolt in cage will be removed as soon as possible. I'm very happy with it and no, I didn't pay the ebay price. I bought it outside of eBay.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:33 AM

Way to go TR, glad it ended up in good hands. This is a good starting point for your CHP project. Keep us updated!
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 03-19-2018, 06:48 AM

Glad you got it, Tony! It'll be nice to be able to enjoy this one without much work.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp1982 View Post
Glad you got it, Tony! It'll be nice to be able to enjoy this one without much work.
Absolutely. That's the plan. The cage should come out fairly easily. The rear end has a strange aftermarket kind of gear driven locker that is easy enough to change out. I have to reinstall the oil cooler and I'm thinking about putting the stock radiator back in it. It's close enough to stock that it wouldn't be too difficult to get it into CHP in service shape. The black paint is actually nice. So technically I could just paint the doors and roof. From what I've read on older threads it looks like unity will make the correct spot lights...? I don't even know where to begin to find the rest of the equipment. As far as decals, I know they changed the star in about 98 right? But what about the lettering? I probably have access to the proper door and trunk lettering if that hasn't changed. Any antenna leads...? Mike I'm sure I will be bugging you a bit. Ha.

On a side note, the 84 CHP car I bought a few months ago will be for sale shortly. Thanks guys!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:23 PM

Congrats on the 88. I look forward to seeing your progress.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:05 PM

Default 84 chp

Quote:
On a side note, the 84 CHP car I bought a few months ago will be for sale shortly. Thanks guys!
Pm sent