Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:03 PM

Default FB Update

I finally bit the bullet and decided to get on the FB version of this forum. Because I do want to stay current with events and activities and most of the activity is there. But I don't want my data used, sold, etc. so I created a FB acct using the name Dahui Zonggao. Dahui is an 85 yo Buddhist Monk living in the Jokhtang Monastery in Lhasa, Tibet. After so many years of meditating and praying all day, Dahui was starting to, frankly, get bored. He picked up a DVD of the CHiPs TV series at a pagoda (yard) sale, and upon viewing it, saw an SSP Mustang and was hooked. He's now restoring a 1982 SSP at the monastery, using space in a warehouse for old statues and artifacts. He's a little stressed about the possibility of getting paint overspray on a Buddha statue, which of course would mean big trouble, so he's proceeding slow and careful and it has taken a long time to get the body and paint done, longer than he would prefer.
I do use my real name in posts and have posted a 0255 photo in the profile background so everyone who knows me from here will immediately know who it really is.
Meanwhile, Dahui is enjoying his new window into the world of social media. Dahui's profile photo is below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dahui Zonggao.JPG (36.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-01-2019, 09:24 PM

Haha I noticed you posting on some sites. Love the post above.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 05-09-2019, 06:23 PM

Default Update

Well, I hoped the fake profile would insulate me from the data mining but I guess not. Today I started up my PC and as soon as I opened a browser all sorts of ads popped up for Buddhist paraphanalia! And the emails? Now I'm getting unsolicited emails from Russian Women "looking for Buddhist boyfriends" (I hope no one thinks I'm "colluding" with them, lol). And an email from one woman that says right in the subject line "Stop Sending me Your Photos!" I know Dahui would never do such a thing! Then there's the Nigerian barrister who is trying to give Dahui money, millions...doesn't the Nigerian realize Dahui has taken a vow of poverty? All Dahui needs for money is enough to finish restoring his SSP. The Jokhtang Monastery provides food and shelter and everything else he needs. I'd like to find some way to get rid of all these distractions at once...tell these jaspers to leave Dahui alone, just let him pray and meditate and finish his SSP!