Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:27 PM

This all sounds like a conversation I had with myself a few years ago. Having recently completed my '88 CHP, I was already on the hunt for another SSP. I had all the funds for second project plus a fair amount of parts and equipment stockpiled and envisioned doing another CHP car, perhaps an '89 SMPV clone, while I was still ramped up and in the restoration mode.

Well, in early 2008 I happened to be attending a new car show one weekend and caught a glimpse of the new Bullitt Mustang and within 48 hours I was at the Ford dealership ordering one for myself. I paid cash for it by selling my then DD '01 Mustang GT and by not embarking on another SSP adventure and I've never regretted the decision. It meant that I now have a total kick-ass late model Mustang to drive while being able to keep focus on my sole SSP, attending to all the never ending final restoration details and improvements and by having the time to truly enjoy the showing and sharing of it.

One safe, modern and reliable one to drive and one classic one to tinker with and show...that's a hard combo to beat. I'm not ruling out picking up another SSP someday but that will probably mean selling the current one to keep the vintage project fleet down to a manageable one unit. Works for me anyway.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/