Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:58 PM

Default PITS2021

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pits-20...ts-59803462767

So who is planning to attend? It's only 2+ months away. I am going, even without a SSP.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 01-15-2021, 10:09 AM
Admin

I'm still planning on going with the '82. We'll see if it happens, though.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 01-16-2021, 10:38 AM

I’m hoping to still attend. But my optimism is low given the relative early date in the year, as compared to municipal actions.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 01-20-2021, 11:43 PM

I'd love to see your '82, Mike. Agreed though, not looking good for the show at the moment.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:16 AM

This was recently posted on FB as an update (I added the emphasis):

Quote:
Whats up guys and gals! We are just over 40 days or so away from it FINALLY being time to head to the mountains for Ponies In The Smokies! With 2020 being a bust (twice!) we are more than ready to get this party started and kick off the car show season with a bang at Ponies In The Smokies 2021 presented by National Parts Depot!

We've been kind of quiet on the forefront the last little bit, but rest assured all of the #PITS Crew is working overtime behind the scenes confirming everything for 2021! In the next two weeks we should have our full schedule confirmed and ready to officially post. But for now, here is really all you need to know!

Our friends at National Parts Depot are back again as the presenting sponsor of the event!

Shine Run is a go for Wednesday & Thursday!
Kick Off Party is a go all day long at Smokies Stadium on Wednesday!
Finalizing the details now for drifting and auto cross.
Finalizing the details on the Thursday evening Shine Run Party!
Drag racing at English Mountain is a go on Thursday afternoon with a cruise being planned from Smokies Stadium that morning!
The Car Show(Friday) and All Ford Cruise In(Saturday) are a go at the Sevierville Convention Center.
The SSP Reunion is a go! Over 30 SSP Mustang's are confirmed so far!

We will announce more details and exact times in the next few days!

Be sure and keep a watch for our official 2021 T-shirt design, its going to be awesome! The folks at ET Graphics are putting the final touches on it now!

Now, to address a few frequently asked questions....

IF you registered in 2020 for the car show, shine run or trailer parking, you are 100% good to go for 2021! As long as your address or car has not changed, just sit back and check the mail! (if it has changed, please email us the changes asap to poniesinthesmokies@yahoo.com) New car show packets will start arriving the first week in March! You will need the 2021 packet, the 2020 packets are void and not valid.

All new registrations will also receive their packets on the same time table.

For those participating in inside displays. Emails have went out to the SSP Reunion participants and "The 58". If you did not receive that email and are still in, please email us (address above) ASAP to save your spot! We will be trying to reach out to you one on one over the next few days to confirm. If we don't here from you by the middle of next week, we will assume you cannot make it and will move on with your spot.

For those in Modern Muscle or The Motorsports display, hang tight, your spot is good, we will be reaching out to you next week to confirm as well.

Once we have all the spots confirmed, we will start accepting submissions for the remaining spots. Stay tuned to our social media for that announcement, please do not email the entries in until we are ready as they are likely to get lost in the shuffle.

If you haven't registered already, get over to our website and do so now! www.poniesinthesmokies.com!

We are going to do it big in 2021 folks! While there may be a few hurdles and headaches thanks to covid, we are 100% committed to making this the best Ponies In The Smokies yet!
Old 02-10-2021, 02:59 AM

I do not have the car many of you have built but being that this would be a short drive over the mountain, i will attend on saturday.