Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:10 PM

Default 1991 GSP on CL

I saw this one while poking around the web. I think the owner has been in contact with Bobby, judging by the GSP information he has.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/6098410912.html

Quote:
1991 Ford Mustang SSP Coupe former GSP - $6800 (Gainesville)

1991 Ford Mustang SSP Coupe. Bought new by Georgia State Patrol and then used by another agency after it was retired. Very original car for the most part and has had a ton of new parts replaced. Clean Georgia title in my name.

The bottom side of the car has had everything removed except the engine and then repainted in the correct GSP blue. Control arms have new bushings, new adjustable rear shocks, quad shocks, struts, gas tank, fuel pump, sending unit, battery, battery cables, mini starter, voltage regulator, aluminum radiator, brake hoses, steering rack and more. All the brakes are fresh as well.

The AOD was rebuilt prior to me getting it and has had the valve body modified and a shift kit installed. It does look to have a leak from sitting possibly in the front pump area so it really needs to come back out before driving it much imo and be corrected.

Engine is stock and original best I can tell and has a fresh oil change. Runs and sounds like it should.

Tires are brand new directional high speed on black 10 holes. Has an original full size spare in the trunk.

All of the body panels still have their original vin stickers except the front bumper cover which is new. All of the front lights are brand new as are the tail light lenses and all lights work. Original antenna holes are still in place and the body is fairly straight. Carfax only shows one incident to the front bumper cover while it was still a GSP car. The car looks to have been repainted in white for use at the second agency and then someone had started sanding it to repaint it. All of the jambs are still blue.

Under hood still has blue and gray paint as does the inside of the trunk and the buck tags are in place. I also have an in-service picture of the car when it was new.

At some point the car has had a cat back exhaust and frame connectors installed.

Interior is all there but some of it was removed when the equipment was taken out and will need a good cleaning.

Also included with the car is the correct light bar for the roof, under hood speaker for siren and the strobe controller box for the deck strobes. I do not have the original roll bar but I do have one that was cut from a Crown Vic cage which is what GSP did early on that will be included. It will need tabs made for it to mount. In the first picture the light bar is just setting on the roof for the picture and is not mounted so I have it in the trunk now.

In addition to the equipment I also have a fair amount of GSP period correct items that will go with the car such as the Trooper hat, GSP rain coats, GSP duffle bags, patches and much much more.

This is a package deal and not interested in breaking any of it up.

With the transmission leak fixed and all the mechanical work that has been done I do not see why this would not make a very dependable daily driver or you could finish restoring it to take to car shows and cruse ins. Very hard to find a SSP car in this condition that has not been all hot rodded or already finished at a much higher price.

GSP info
1 of 83 ordered by GSP in 1991
Perm/trunk number #1184
Trooper Cecil Ramone Rucker
Roof/badge # 797
Post 48 Atlanta
GSP sold 01/22/96 with 103,800

Mileage now shows 93k and change so it has been over 1 time.

Price is 6800.00 and I am fairly firm on that.

email - fpwd7-6098410912@sale.craigslist.org

EDIT: I had this up originally as a "claimed GSP". It has since been confirmed as noted in the next post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91GSP.jpg (49.6 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by 28HopUp; 04-25-2017 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added comment
Old 04-25-2017, 02:33 PM

Here's another thread on this SSP -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=6497

...and here is the page in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info176490.htm

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-27-2017, 06:56 PM

Thanks, It is mine at the moment and hate to get rid of it but have had some accelerated health issues lately and had to be realistic about my projects and what needed to be finished and what needed to be put up for sale. I'm sure I will regret it down the road as a good bit of the cars I see for sale in a similar price range have been heavily modified but hopefully it will go to a new owner that will want to keep it truer to stock.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:27 PM

Sold