Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:17 PM

Default 1986 Mustang CHP Coupe unit #3852

I bought a new daily driver, and thus don’t need this coupe anymore. In all honesty, if I was going to keep another SSP besides my TX DPS in the collection I’d keep this car in a heartbeat, and if I don’t find a good home for it I have no problem keeping it. This is probably very easily the nicest, most original 86 CHP in the country. It is almost exactly as it left CHP in 88 when it was decommissioned.

The A/C (blows ICE cold, even in 105* Austin), it has great oil pressure, it runs very cool (probably thanks to the oil cooler that is still hooked up), and I average about 24 mpg. The car still wears its CHP repaint which is aging, but doesn’t look awful. I just had the windows retinted with 3M carbon series (very high quality). The tires are Michelins, the most expensive tire you can get for this size and they are awesome. This car is actually not bad to drive in the rain with those tires, I’ll run them on everything from now on. They are in great shape. All wheels including the spare are still intact with all 4 center caps (correct ’86 chrome). Both buck tags present, and many of the tale tail signs from CHP equipment remain. The car is very straight, frame rails are perfect, even the pinch welds on the body seams below the rockers are nice. There is no rust anywhere in the car. It’s been a dry Cali car almost it’s whole life. There is NO rust. There is one dent over the passenger side rear tire. See pictures.

The interior is extremely nice. The dash pad is perfect, it was covered by a dash pad since it left auction (some of the Velcro tabs are still there, just need to remove them and the sticky left behind). The seats were also covered with covers, and are near mint with no fading at all (back seat was covered also). You could replace the carpet, it does show some stains.

The suspension must have been recently serviced as it is super tight, shocks feel good, exhaust sounds original, and the car builds great oil pressure. It shows 170k miles, it’s obviously been extremely well maintained as it drives like a 50k mile car. I’ve put 4k miles on it over the last 5 months and have not had any problems.

If you are looking for the most unmolested, original, rust free and documented CHP car, this is it. You could literally paint it back to black/white and throw stickers and equipment on and have a weekend show car. No disappointments, this is the ’86 to own. $8000 OBO located in Austin TX. Chris (512)983-6184

Here is a link with the complete picture set:
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...CHP%20mustang/

Old 08-14-2011, 05:27 PM
...Gathering Parts

Wow! That is a nice ride Chris. Seems like you have a miracle stash of 86's there!!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Looks like it has the Shell jumper decal on it too.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 PM

I hunt '86 cars like trophy bucks, sometimes I get lucky! This car has been a gem, but the TX DPS car is really where my heart is at so that's where my '86 SSP slot is going to go. Sure hate to sell this one, it's one of the cleanest coupes I've had. And definitely the most original SSP. Someone is going to love this car.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Very nice and original car
This car is a twin to one of my dads 85s- orginally b/w then painted to white for sale, tan interior(nice door panels, dash(discolored but uncracked), seats, all are worn more than your 86 though), still able to see all CHP equipment mounts, ect. Your 86 is twice as nice though. GLWS

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 08-14-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP813 View Post
Looks like it has the Shell jumper decal on it too.
Yes it does
Good Eye....
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 PM

Back to the top!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 PM

This was requested on another board and might be helpful here. Also, the car appears to have the original cat-back system and still wears an original H-pipe. Even the exhaust on this car is original! This is a time capsule piece!

The whip antenna hole is nicely done, the outside is starting to show but it is a smooth body line (no waves).

The lower radiator support is pushed up a bit, hence the tweaked bumper cover. It appears they used some metal wire to hold the fan shroud down to keep it from rubbing the fan. Overall, not as bad as many service cars are.

Floor pans are perfect!

Any additional images can be requested. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 PM

$7500 OBO
Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 PM

Fielding offers, I need the space as the DPS mustang will be back here in a few weeks!