Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 PM

Default My last comments on this....

David took the time to offer this apology in a thread last Friday afternoon.

http://www.sspmustang.org/forums/sho...6263#post96263

I also received an email from him this morning that was both cordial, and apologetic regarding the issues we have been at war about. I worked 52 hours over the past three days and have just now found the time to respond. Since his post was public I believe it is appropriate that I respond in public.

I have struggled with my response regarding these issues. In my last post to Ron Mahoy I finally just put it all out there for everyone to try and understand. It is very difficult at times to talk about the diversity I have faced in the past and frankly I have grown weary of trying to defend myself, or let people know all the facts surrounding the event in 1997. One fact people don't know is that still today I am a plaintiff in a Federal lawsuit regarding this same incident, 15 years later. Between David and the local newspaper, it never seems to go away. With David's apology, which I believe is genuine, I hope it will subside to a degree. My court case goes to trial in November if not settled out of court so hopefully the end of this event is near.

I accept David's apology and agree with him that this has progressed to a level that is neither healthy for him and I, or for this hobby in general. I understand his anger that resulted from my negativity towards him and I take full responsibility for lashing out and spreading the ill will. Like I posted last week I am not innocent or just a victim. I refuse to address the specific issues of the past because everyone knows what they are. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by arguing over who stepped on who first. I agree that we can agree to disagree on that issue. it doesn't matter anyway as the result is what it is.

The reality of all this is that the moderators on both sites control the ability for people to take their shots at others. It is ultimately up to the mods to keep things in line. When two moderators are the main combatants nothing good can come out of it. It is my hope that with the events of the past week things will improve for everyone.

David has offered to remove inflammatory posts at the other SSP forum and I am sure the mods at .net will do the same. I will also edit the language attached to the "YouTube" video so that it does not reflect negatively on members there. Maybe when a new person signs up and starts reading posts they will more apt to contribute themselves.

It is my goal to put all of this behind me and continue working on my cars. I still intend to voice my opinion when I see conduct that I feel reflects negatively on our hobby, and I will try my very best to be diplomatic about it. I sincerely ask everyone to give some thought to protecting our rights to own and enjoy these cars. When people are offended at a car show, they don't all run to the host club to file a written complaint, they sometimes just shake their head and comment to their neighbor sitting next to them. Either way it isn't good for us.

I hope this puts this issue to rest. . I will leave this post up for a few days for people to read, then it is going to be taken down. if you have a reply, or comment to make to me please do it via PM or email.

Jim

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Closed Thread