Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Bill, I'm glad you got an answer to this. Hopefully the best outcome will be had by all. The timing just really stinks. Makes me sick to think about it.

Now, let's just hope they can figure out who took it!! Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Old 05-24-2012, 11:01 PM

Glad part of the mystery is solved. Good story though, a stolen police car. Reminds me of the line from the Hangover,
Let's steal a cop car, cause it'd be really @#$$@@ funny.' Yeah. Think you gonna get away with it? Not up in here.
Not up in here!

1987 CHP E422920
1988 CHP (sold)
1989 LX Hatch 5.0
1992 UHP
1995 Cobra
Old 05-25-2012, 08:54 AM

Thanks guys. It is nice getting some closure. Plus, we also recovered our teak/canvas beach chairs, my favorite baseball cap (for Jack's high school), and a phone charger. None of those items were filed for in our claim, so they're ours to keep.

Travelers is having the car picked up this morning. It will be auctioned off, and I am NOT planning to bid on it. I gave it a lot of thought, and decided since I bought another Mustang and have 2 project cars at home already, that I don't need this one back in my life. If it was meant to be then the car would have been found 2 weeks ago before I settled my claim and bought the new car.

I will share the auction details with folks in the hope that somebody in the hobby gets it. Keep in mind that this car isn't perfect. There is an electrical grimlin in there somewhere that caused to car to strand me three times. That problem is why the car was roadside when it was stolen. The problem comes and goes, and although we made the 620 mile trip home from Harper Woods, Michigan without any problems, I cannot say that a new buyer would be able to hop into the car and drive it across the country.

On a positive note, the new car is being picked up today and will be delivered to me on Tuesday!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!