Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:13 AM

The seller now has it up on ebay with a BIN of $16,900 -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orig-1985-Fo...p2054897.l4275

There are more photos this time. Here's one of the interior showing the equipment, as installed by the seller -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ebay01.jpg (49.9 KB, 177 views)
Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 PM
JT13140

It's on EBay now. Has details listed. Like many here I appreciate the car but IMHO better to get details correct. I appreciate the hard work but I just like closer to original. No knock on beautifully restored cars (they amaze me), it's just that even new, our cars never looked like show cars. I decided when I restored mine to keep it as close to original as I could. Even the paint is low bid just as we got'em from Ford (LOL) The best compliment I ever got was one I overheard at a show "I thought they didn't have these anymore. Where's the Officer? I want to ask him some questions " Just my two cents
Old 03-12-2014, 12:37 PM

Although the car is still listed on CL, the eBay ad says they accepted a "Best Offer". Who knows???

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:55 PM

You never know what will turn up when you randomly search "CHP Mustang" -

https://saltlakecity.es.craigslist.o...030151451.html

Quote:
1985 CHP Mustang - $14900 (Salt Lake)

1985 1985 Ford CHP Mustang odómetro: 99999 color pintura : black tamaño : mid-size tipo : coupe tracción : rwd combustible : gas transmisión : manual estado título : clean cilindros : 8 cylinders

condición: excellent

consejos de seguridad
artículos prohibidos
productos retirados del mercado
Evitar estafas

Very nice 1985 CHP Mustang that has been restored and upgraded. Engine has been rebuilt with E7 cylinder heads, a .030 overbore (306 cubic inch) with a CompCams 266R cam, 1.7 roller rockers, JBA headers, and an Edelbrock carduretor. McLeod heavy duty clutch. Transmission has been upgraded with a Cobra unit as well as larger Cobra brakes. Car has a panhard bar and subframe connectors which gives is rigidity and keeps the rear end planted. Currently, the car has a smog pump delete setup.

The black portion of the car was painted in 2010, the white was painted in early 2014 with new correct decals.

Inside, the seats and headliner are nice originals, the carpet has been replaced. Most of the original CHP equipment is mounted in the car; some of it is not installed. It does not currently have a siren. I have the original in-service license plate for the car. Heater and A/C not operational at this time.

Car runs and drives excellent. The speedometer does not work, but I have a correct complete cluster that goes with the car. Rear deck lights (wigwags) are functional. The front spot lamps are in place but not currently hooked up.

Car is currently in Montana, but I will consider delivery to Salt Lake area for a reasonable amount.
xvcgd-5030151451@sale.craigslist.org
With the car still being in Montana, I believe this is the same person who bough the car from the guy I sold it to (the one who finished "restoring" it! ). I believe this seller has a lot of coin tied up in the car, so he is probably not going to make a huge profit on this sale. No mention of the original wheels that were part of the deal. I like how he got the same vanity license plate that I had on the car - NPRSUIT.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-16-2015, 01:47 PM

I sent an email to a guy from Facebook who said he had a 1985 CHP for sale. It turns out that Don is the seller of my old CHP #E408395. His email is dhoyt57@hotmail.com in case anyone is interested in the car.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:15 AM

Back up on eBay with new pics -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3017416...466&rmvSB=true

Although the seller says it is "restored", the car does not match the quality of Jim's, Aaron's, Bobby's restored cars. Those are well-done cars which have undergone a full-blown restoration. My old 85 CHP was a driver-quality piece that showed fine, but it never was the same caliber as some of the other fully done SSPs. Sadly, the seller overpaid the flipper who incorrectly repainted the car, and now he is stuck.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Bobby Edwards

Car looks great ( except for paint break) !!!

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Old 09-16-2015, 07:46 PM
JT13140

He's also listed it on eBay with interior photos....No cc1 or Motorola micor radio

JT
Old 09-16-2015, 08:33 PM

man....how does anyone get that paint break that wrong? 30 seconds on the internet you can see plenty of in service pictures....

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-17-2015, 12:46 AM