Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:10 PM

I tend to get worked up when I read about other police officers being killed. For ten years I was a member of my departments honor guard and I attended many cop's funerals in that capacity. for years I was an instructor in the police academy, trying to teach new recruits about the dangers of the job. I am no longer in the honor guard, nor do I teach in the academy, now I am a supervisor of a squad of young inexperienced officers and yes I worry about their safety every day. I don't want to have to attend any of their funerals, or anyone elses for that matter. I know how easy it is to be complacent, or lazy, and get lax on the job, I know how quick things can go terribly wrong on the simpliest, or most routine of calls. Because of this experience maybe it effects me a little more than the guy that just pretends he is in police work. I am not really sure.

I took the time to post my thoughts on the other site and it was deleted because I used a word that is commonly used there, ( there is even a smiley with a banner with that word on it available for use there). My post was not directed at anyone on a web site, just at the cop-killers.

I believe that it was deleted simply because it was posted by me. I believe it was a personal shot, directed intentionally at me, and that is ok. Now I am the latest of a long line of core members at .org to say enough is enough and move on.

As for wanna be's and posers......here is my opinion. If you not a police officer don't put LEO in your internet profile to try and impress people. If you are not in the Fraternal Order of Police.....don't display an FOP emblem on your car to try and make others think you are affiliated with law enforcement. I have no problem with people collecting and owning retired police cars. I understand how enjoyable they are that is why I have the cars i do. My big issue is that I am offended by those that try to claim membership in Law Enforcement when they havn't paid their dues, done the job, and EARNED the right to be there. I know the members that are LEO understand why I feel this way. I hope that others can understand and not feel offended by my rant on this subject. It is not my intention to step on anyone's toes. I plan on participating here and hope that we can all enjoy the cars and each other.

oh and last but not least..... Andy you are a frigging riot bro !!!

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Admin

Very well put.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 09-16-2007, 10:45 PM
CHiPster

Great job explaining it. (Because I do some wiring at home does not mean I'm an electrician)
Old 09-16-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhed123 View Post
Great job explaining it. (Because I do some wiring at home does not mean I'm an electrician)

exactly.....and Marcos....glad your ok. I thought about you when I heard about it. Is the female deputy going to be able to return to duty?

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-16-2007, 11:49 PM
CHiPster

She was in surgery for about 5 hours. I hear they had to reconstruct her knee and that she will be able to walk after a lot of therapy. I don't know if she will return to uniform.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:56 PM

Jim thanks! we are on the same page with this as with most everything in this hobby.
Admen Mike also...and..... i am sure others that i have not yet had the opportunity to talk
to and share information with on a one to one basis. via phone and PM....... I have always
thought of this site as the REAL DEAL ssp Mustang site based on you and Admin. Mikes
dedication and experience in this hobby. not as current LEO but as LEO/car guy/correct
resto or don't even try guy's! ...Jim...you have told me how the cow eats the cabbage and i
appreciate your honesty and candor!..... It's unfortunate that some in this hobby have the
Walter Mitty syndrome thing going on and not the Mustang guy (this is a piece of history)
that's why i restored it thing going on. REAL police that see my car at a car show see a
piece of history restored by a Mustang/ford guy and thank me! THANK ME! and I thank
them for the job they are doing .....I happen to know of someone who posted (on another
site) that their occupation was LEO and when they were called on it..... they immediately
went to their control panel and changed it!!! shame on you POSER did you think no one
would see it.... find it? I have ZERO respect for you.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:49 AM

I guess I missed it. Who was pretending/misrepresenting they were a LEO? Someone on the other site?

1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294

www.fotki.com/mustangretriever
Old 09-17-2007, 03:11 PM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

I write this..not as a member or Moderator of any SSP Mustang Forum...but as an active SSP Hobbyist....:

I have been pretty active in the SSP Mustang hobby for several years now. Longer than some...not as long as many. At times I have become VERY frustrated at what occurs on the SSP Message Boards, with members and the hobby. I consider myself a pretty simple person, with simplistic views on life, very open to new ideas and opinions and generally out-going. I am no expert at SSP history. In fact..I'm no expert at many things. I enjoy what I have chosen for a career and strive to find the positive in people and everything I do. I love the SSP hobby, have met many fine people and will help who I can...when I can. I believe the comments I will make are on behalf of the majority of members and participants in this hobby. I talked with and e-mailed many before putting this together.

Members need to keep personal attacks...either directly or via innuendo to themselves...or at the least in PM.s...NOT posts on the Board. I am interested in SSP's and the hobby.....not those whom you choose to like or dislike...and why. Nor am I interested in e-mails or PM's about whom you like or dislike and why. I am big enough, and old enough to decide for myself....Thank You..! Degrading comments about people, their cars and the like have no place here. I take as much pride in my cars as the next person. I would never tell someone what they should wear. So why would anyone tell someone unsolicitated what is wrong with their SSP, how exact...or in-exact it may be...unless they asked directly. While I may not agree with it, if someone modify's an SSP...it is disappointing...but it is their choice...it is their car after all. Yes, we may suggest that they might want to join a Board that is more toward racing Mustang's...than restoring and preserving SSP's...but to attack them...way out of line.

Brutal attacks on peoples character in a Forum is unprofessional. Take the issue to a PM, an e-mail or phone call, etc...if you must to that individual if you believe they have done something ...but don't drag us all into your world... I have no interest in negative rumor, opinions and hearsay about those on this Board you dislike, things out of context, etc.

Those professing to be the 'experts', sources of definitive SSP information or know it all's...need not apply. It also seems those who are so nit-picky neither have a completely restored SSP nor show it if they do. Those looking for fellowship, help, information to give and share...come on in. Those who participate in ...or promote...or condone the negativity that goes on, the uppity attitudes, incessant rantings about what or whom you don't like...well...frankly you are turning off many, many of us. Myself included.

We are a small group. We collectively can do much for the hobby, our cars and gaining public acceptance and interest in them. In Birmingham we had about 22 SSP's..out of 1200 Mustangs...I'll give us a rounding to 2% of the Mustangs there. Bottom line...there ain't many of us..!!! So why do we want to alienate people. When we are at shows...lets give a positive image of SSP owners'....and our group. Whether you are a .NET or .ORG member...or both...YOU represent the hobby. Whether you are a member, a Moderator, a site Owner...YOU represent the hobby.

I belong to .ORG... .NET, Emergency Vehicle Owners and Operators..EVOOA, Mustang Club of America and Mustang Club of New England...and have met great people and made friends at all these venues. I am a PROUD member of each group. And have sponsored several of them.

It is time to STOP....before we self destruct our hobby...!!!

It is time to STOP..... before SSP owners look like idiots to the Mustang world...!!!

Its is time to STOP.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....because we are brewing a recipe for disaster.!!!

Both sides, both groups...and members.....just get on with having FUN..

Frankly..this is a wake up call to all members...it's about the CARS...the MUSTANG's..the SSP's..NOT about personal vendetta's, charater assasination or as such...

"LIFE IS AS SIMPLE OR AS DIFFICULT AS YOU WANT TO MAKE IT"

David J. Philipkoski

800-493-4330
Old 09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

AMEN !!!!! Well said David, I am here for the Hobby also, hell Oklahoma never had a 90 ssp BUT I Like mine that way and it is accepeted as such.....can't we just all get along?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:56 PM

Well said but if i may add this.
It's also about honesty and integrity
You are a car salesman
I am retired
some on here are in Law Enforcement
and one person has pretended to be.
And i can't think of a more embarrassing thing
then being exposed as a poser....
Closed Thread