Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
I guess I got the real "rest of the story" now "Sam". I fully understand the situation now and will continue the use of M-Squad decals and will stand by their quality. Thanks.
Anything you can share?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-28-2011, 12:43 AM
...Gathering Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Anything you can share?
Yes I can but off the board as I can tell this will cause a major rift here.

FYI M-Squad's wife hasn't had a kid in 18 years...
Old 03-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Admin

Quote:
Yes I can but off the board as I can tell this will cause a major rift here.

FYI M-Squad's wife hasn't had a kid in 18 years...
No prob....no rift here, we are all about getting the facts out. PM me if you'd prefer.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 AM
...Gathering Parts

PM Sent.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:09 PM

I personally saw mbe2598's (Jim) FHP decals that M-Squad did and they were horrible. I cannot imagine why they would not work with him to either replace them or refund his money.

1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294

www.fotki.com/mustangretriever
Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM
...Gathering Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangretriever View Post
I personally saw mbe2598's (Jim) FHP decals that M-Squad did and they were horrible. I cannot imagine why they would not work with him to either replace them or refund his money.
M-Squad works with many people. If there is a problem they take care of it. I have to say that I've had bad decals made by others and there is a distinct difference in quality by M-Squad. Decal vinyl is expensive to use so there is a price to be paid no matter what. I've had to pay for expensive local decals that didn't cut the muster and then when I went with M-Squad, I got a significantly better product which happened to cost the same. Go figure. I don't know what happened there in MO but whatever it was there is definitely a communication issue going on there no offense. I've seen the FHP decals that M-Squad has produced as well as CHP, LAPD, LSP, Maryland SP, Cleveland PD, Clarkstown NY PD, Chicago PD, MOHP, NYPD, NYSP and many countless others... I'm really concerned that you are looking at the wrong decals and you are being taken for a ride there.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I'm really concerned that you are looking at the wrong decals and you are being taken for a ride there.
Huh?? They're not my decals. I was just stating a fact that I saw the decals that were purchased from M-Squad and in THIS instance they were not of good quality.

1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294

www.fotki.com/mustangretriever
Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 AM
...Gathering Parts

I think you need to reread what I typed there retriever. I never said they were yours. I know who's they were and what the story is behind them. I guess I simply have to say that I'm having a tough time believing what you are saying and what you saw as there was a bad set that Mr. D got before M-Squad made the decal set. It seems that there is a major attempt underway in MO to copy the artwork of M-Squad on many of collector's parts that was done and is being pirated out there - I've seen it. The accuracy of M-Squad's decals are excellent and have had many hours of time put into them to make sure that they are accurate and if a problem exists, they take care of it. I find it troubling when someone (and his "posse") makes attacks of this nature in the ether and has only had minimal contact with a vendor.

You have a choice in the matter of what you do with your restorations. Accuracy is important and it seems that Mr. D's attempts at trying to get away cheap has backfired on more than one occasion and was simply trying to save face in this particular incident.

Good luck with your campaign against M-Squad but those of us that know what the real deal is know what the story really is about.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I think you need to reread what I typed there retriever. I never said they were yours. I know who's they were and what the story is behind them. I guess I simply have to say that I'm having a tough time believing what you are saying and what you saw as there was a bad set that Mr. D got before M-Squad made the decal set. It seems that there is a major attempt underway in MO to copy the artwork of M-Squad on many of collector's parts that was done and is being pirated out there - I've seen it. The accuracy of M-Squad's decals are excellent and have had many hours of time put into them to make sure that they are accurate and if a problem exists, they take care of it. I find it troubling when someone (and his "posse") makes attacks of this nature in the ether and has only had minimal contact with a vendor.

You have a choice in the matter of what you do with your restorations. Accuracy is important and it seems that Mr. D's attempts at trying to get away cheap has backfired on more than one occasion and was simply trying to save face in this particular incident.

Good luck with your campaign against M-Squad but those of us that know what the real deal is know what the story really is about.

It may SEEM to you that there is a major attempt underway in MO. to copy M-Squads artwork, BUT I STOOD there at the MO. guys computer as he did mine from scratch.
He did NOT use that M-squad decal, THIS I KNOW cause I was there.
He made mine first, before he did Jim's and I did NOT have and decals for him to copy.
Saying that it SEEMS that Mr. D's attemps at trying to get away cheap and has backfired, is a very ungentlemanly statement. All your statements in above post start with IT SEEMS. However, I KNOW!!!!! What I said is true.
I personally Know the problems Mr. D had, and all he wanted was to get a set so he could show his vehicle.
I know of another fellow in Ca. who had problem with M-squad. He is very happy with his MO. decals.
Buy where you want, but it looks like if someone doesn't go with several of you folks opinion, they get ripped.
I KNOW
Old 03-30-2011, 11:26 AM
...Gathering Parts

Facts surface. You attacked, I rebutted, someone else attacked again, you are now crying foul about it. Ungentlemanly? Unlikely. You don't know me and quite frankly I seem to know more about you than you care to admit.

Very simply put, I'm responding to your comments and you are upset. Sorry that I upset you but I'm not worried about it. I know what the facts are.

I have been at this for a lot longer than you with far more difficult projects and I know the games that are out there.