Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 PM

One of our captains (probably my next boss) just retired from the Patrol. He was on the governor's security detail. I bet I could get him to find me some info and get me in to get some good pics of the car. I really am leaning towards a NCSHP car. Hopefully I'll have one in my driveway soon. All the equipment the patrol used is the same stuff we have in surplus at my office. i could easily get the interior back original.
1985 SVO T-top car 2R
1985 SVO 4E
1966 GT Vert
Old 05-13-2009, 09:30 PM

Does Moore Co. still use the same telephone handset in they're cars that the Patrol uses? I know that they did back in the day. I have a handset mike in my car, but it is the newer style that looks like a cellphone handset.

Jody
Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfhp-730 View Post
Does Moore Co. still use the same telephone handset in they're cars that the Patrol uses? I know that they did back in the day. I have a handset mike in my car, but it is the newer style that looks like a cellphone handset.

Jody

We switched about two years ago. Some of the cars still have them though. I am pretty sure we have a bunch in surplus. I have a buddy that is in the patrol and his had one of the first SSPs here. He had an 83 tan with the bubble light on top. He is going to try annd find me some pictures. I will check for you and see how many hand sets and see if I can get an extra one for you if you want. We used(once again some still have them) the same Motorolas as the patrol. I am sure we have some of tthose around too.
1985 SVO T-top car 2R
1985 SVO 4E
1966 GT Vert
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 PM

That would be awesome! You never see any of those forsale anywhere. Those tend to make good impact weapons, or so I hear. The shop foreman at the Greensboro garage has a pic of an 83 unmarked (black) sitting in the parking lot at Troop. It had the four banger hubcaps on it!

Jody
Old 05-14-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfhp-730 View Post
That would be awesome! You never see any of those forsale anywhere. Those tend to make good impact weapons, or so I hear. The shop foreman at the Greensboro garage has a pic of an 83 unmarked (black) sitting in the parking lot at Troop. It had the four banger hubcaps on it!

Jody
We used them in Southern Pines and I think they still have them. I switched my mic out years before anybody else. If you wanted to keep somebody from seeing you talk on the radio(esp when I worked undercover surveillance), it was hard concealing that phone handset. You would have to keep it down in your lap so noone would see it. I'll check today when I go to work.
1985 SVO T-top car 2R
1985 SVO 4E
1966 GT Vert